Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12724 - 05/27/02 04:40 PM Madrid - Toledo train
dutchman Offline

Do you I need to reserve place in the train or I can take my place with my Eurodomino ticket straight upon?

I am going to save several minutes by asking this here rather than to ask this fact directly on the station, sorry if it is trivial question.

So far every time I travel by train in Spain i need to reserve a place in the train.

Once I failed already - on the night 13 hours train Barcelona - Malaga it was impossible to get the ticket in 14 hours in advance.
Therefore I went back to Madrid by night train and from Madrid I took T200 train Madrid - Malaga ... the same 13 hours. only much more expensive if you do not have some ¨unlimited¨ ticket

#12725 - 05/28/02 04:58 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo train
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
dutchman writes:
Quote:
Do you I need to reserve place in the train or I can take my place with my Eurodomino ticket straight upon?
No! Madrid-Toledo trains are regionales. No reservations are available or required. And IMHO it would be a total waste of a day on your RailPass to use it on a Madrid-Toledo trip that costs a total of less than 20 Euro (roundtrip).
Quote:
So far every time I travel by train in Spain i need to reserve a place in the train.
Talgos and Regional TRD's require reservations.

#12726 - 05/28/02 08:54 AM Re: Madrid - Toledo train
dutchman Offline

I totally agree with you Eddie!

But on the same day I am going to travel from Malaga to Madrid by t200 train therefore my Eurodomino ticket day is worth to spend!

#12727 - 05/28/02 03:52 PM Re: Madrid - Toledo train
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I checked Renfe\'s website and all trains seem to be now Tren Regional Express where reservation is available up to 15 days in advance.

Although you won't have any problems of availability on those trains, maybe you can book the tickets in Malaga as you are using a special pass and sometimes that requires you make reservation.

#12728 - 05/29/02 05:47 PM Re: Madrid - Toledo train
GG2 Offline

Loc: Maine USA
In March we took the train from Atocha to Toledo. We tried to buy tickets in a travel agency and were told that they could be purchased only at the station because they were Cercanias trains and could not be reserved. Because we were there during the regional bus strike, there were a lot of people using the train. Many were standing or sitting on the floor in the aisles. Don't know if they are normally so crowded. The fare, according to the Renfe site, is actually about 9.60 euros round trip. The Cercanias trains go from a different part of Atocha station than the Talgo Malaga-Madrid train comes into.
By the way, the Toledo station is really pretty with a lot of Moorish architectural detail.

GG

#12729 - 05/31/02 07:11 PM Re: Madrid - Toledo train
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Madrid - Toledo trains are Regional Express trains and their tickets can be booked up to 15 days in advance in any railway station with electronic selling equipment. I'm not sure if travel agencies are allowe do sell such tickets. Maybe it's not worth for them as they are quite cheap and they may not get big commission from the selling.

I checked it at Renfe's office at Alcalá,44 and if you want to use your pass then reservation in that train is required and... worth 3 euros frown

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2702 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments