Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12515 - 04/08/02 10:42 PM Madrid Airport...how early?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am flying from Chicago- Madrid on Iberia...Any suggestions on how early I need to plan on arriving in at the airport in Chicago...a friend said 6 HOURS eek for an international flight-- is this REALLY necessary? Thanks:)

#12516 - 04/08/02 11:09 PM Re: Madrid Airport...how early?
wyndyl Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
International flights require that you be at the airport at least three hours prior to the flights eek It used to only be two hours, but with all the new precautions(I'm sure that's why its longer...)I plan on being at O'Hare by 1:30 p.m. for my 4:30 p.m. flight...stand in line,get checked in, etc.
Another thing to remember is that the ticketed passenger is the only person allowed past the security points into the gates frown now. If you have friends or family sending you off, they won't get to wave to you from the gates frown

I hope this helps a bit.
Wyndyl wink

#12517 - 04/13/02 10:39 AM Re: Madrid Airport...how early?
minrik Offline

Loc: saginaw texas
kelar419-As an airline employee I will agree with wyndyl on 3 hours.This will give you plenty oft time to check bags,go thru security,etc..That 6hrs. is a little extreme. Personally I think it is better to relax and wait a little rather than rush rush to start your trip.ENJOY.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments