MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12413 - 03/22/02 03:18 PM Trains in Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi!!
I am going to be traveling by train for 3 weeks this summer. Since I will have just finished a semester study abroad program, I will have a large suitcase with wheels (as opposed a backpack). Can anybody tell me if this will be a problem on RENFE trains in Spain? Where and how is it stored? Should I bring something to lock it onto the rack? Any advice would be great as this will be my first trip to Spain:) laugh

#12414 - 03/25/02 11:43 AM Re: Trains in Spain
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
In the back of most of the cars, there is a luggage storage area. I had a large suitcase as well and found some room to store it. You may want to try and get to your car as soon as you can, just to be sure your bag gets plenty of room. I didn't ride all the types of trains so maybe someone else can offer more suggestions.

#12415 - 03/25/02 09:06 PM Re: Trains in Spain
gsobotta Offline

Loc: Novi, MIchigan, USA
If we were the first to board the train, there was plenty of room in the luggage storage area at the back of the car. However, often the luggage storage was full. We had to lift our luggage into an overhead storage area. I wished we had two smaller bags rather than one big bag.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments