MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12324 - 07/26/02 11:21 AM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Puna: Isn't it odd, though? Their US service and prices are never the best...at least we can count on them in Spain!

#12325 - 07/26/02 11:23 AM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
barry Offline

Loc: sóller, mallorca, spain
I just rented a car last weekend. I went through www.carjet.com who did all the work and sent me to Atesa! The good thing is that carjet quote you an all-inclusive price of 30 euros a day and there are absolutely no hidden extras. One little trick that's worked for me on the three previous occasions I've used Atesa is to book the cheapest model, reserve it for near closing time and you'll find that your economy car is no longer available and you get an instant upgrade to something fancy at no extra charge! No responses with moral outrage please.

#12326 - 07/26/02 11:42 AM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

barry: How dare you! [Yeah, how dare you wait until now to tell us the trick...I would've done that years ago!!] laugh

#12327 - 07/26/02 02:58 PM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
GG2 Offline

Loc: Maine USA
I'm a great fan of AutoEurope for a couple of reasons: Their telephone agents are always very helpful and knowledgeable (in the USA 800-223-5555), and they give you a toll-free international number to use to contact them during your trip if there are any problems with the local rental agency. We had to do this once when returning a car in France and the problem was resolved immediately. Through AE we have had cars from Avis, Europcar and Hertz, all at lower cost than these companies were offering at the time.

#12328 - 07/26/02 03:08 PM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Barry - you do know that we all will be trying to put your ploy to good use ... I can see the back-up now. Will they all we wearing MM t-shirts and waving MM baseball hats? That would be a dead give-away thou! wink

#12329 - 08/23/02 01:53 PM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
Schildc Offline

Loc: Chicago via Minnesota
In Sept., I'm supposed to pick up my rental car at Charmartín Station. Has anyone else ever done that and how difficult should I expect it to be? I just read that the metro--Línea 10 will be closed for obras then too, so what's the best way to get to the station with bags from the Callao area? I'd appreciate any help!

#12330 - 08/23/02 02:43 PM Re: Car Rentals in Spain
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

I've never picked up at Chamartín, but I have dropped off at Atocha, and the procedure was utterly painless. It was with Avis, and they didn't even go check the car for "arañazos" [scratches].

As far as getting "there" [Chamartín] from "here" [Callao], if the 10 is down, you may be able to get there the "long way" on other lines. Taxis are always there...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments