Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12290 - 10/22/02 11:25 PM Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel?
adventura Offline

Loc: toronto
Hi!

A friend and I (both females) are going for a 2 week trip to Spain starting Oct 31. We'll be doing Madrid, Sevilla, Granada and Gibraltar.

What's the best way to get to Gibraltar from Granada? I researched RENFE and didn't see any routes to Gibraltar (all the trains seem to end at Algerceris).

So the other options are to go via Bus or Rent a car.

Both of us can drive a manual transmission, I'm a little worried about spanish drivers, though I'm by no means a wimpy driver here in Toronto and can drive at speeds of 140km/h confidently.

Thanks in advance!
adventura...

#12291 - 10/23/02 05:31 AM Re: Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
By bus is the easiest way. They are comfortable although the journey is a little under five hours. It will cost you around 16 Euros to La Linea, which is the border town and you can book online here http://www.continental-auto.es/continental/ventbi.php The border is just five minutes walk from the bus station.

If you don't mind driving, then it will take you less than three hours and give you more freedom. The roads are good from Granada, with dual carriageway all the way. You won't have a problem, although it sounds like you're more dangerous than the Spaniards, whizzing along at 140!! wink

I would certainly leave the car outside Gibraltar and walk across, as the queuing time to get across in a car at the moment can be over half the time it took you to get from Granada!! eek

#12292 - 10/24/02 09:49 PM Re: Granada->Gibraltar:How to Travel?
adventura Offline

Loc: toronto
Thanks for the information! smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments