Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12276 - 10/15/07 09:49 AM Madrid to Valencia?
Jeananne10 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello MadridMan,
Im wondering if you could tell me the most reasonable way to get from Madrid to Valencia. I'm moving to Madrid mid November with my boyfriend and we would like to spend Christmas in Valencia. It would be cool if you could recommend some places to stay in Valencia over the Christmas period - if you or any others reading this know of any that would be great.
Many thanks
Jeananne

#12277 - 10/15/07 04:22 PM Re: Madrid to Valencia?
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hello Jeananne10!
To go to Valencia City my advice is to go by train, in my opinion the most comfortable way.
It takes 3h 20min, the price for a tourist class return ticket is about 67 euros. The train takes you from Madrid Atocha Station right to the very centre of Valencia. You have to make your reservation as soon as you can because of the great demmand especially for Christmas.

AUTO-RES buses from Madrid to Valencia are very popular. The journey takes only 4 hours, including a 20 minutes stop at a self service restaurant. The buses have air-conditioned and are very comfortable, specially if you buy a ticket for the Express bus, first class, much bigger and comfortable seats.
They have hourly services all day and night. The prices are 39.30 Normal class, 51.10 Express class go back.

Flying is not a good idea. You have to check in, the airports are out of the cities and the price is expensive. So probably the journey will take as long as going by bus but you'll have to pay much more.

If you have a car, you will take about 3h and a half more or less to cover the 350km distance. Once in Valencia you will find difficult to park your car. To move within the city you will not need the car.

Finally, accomodation. Please, what's your budget? Do you prefer to stay in a hostel or a hotel?

#12278 - 10/15/07 04:59 PM Re: Madrid to Valencia?
pedmar Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Morbihan, France
I would say the nicer experience will be by bus,then train,then car. Flying is out.
Indeed once in the city public transport will do to go anywhere.
accomm are many, in all shapes and bells. You have Mélia, NH, and HUSA chains hotels and then some local ones like Hotel Mediterraneo and Hotel Neptuno
hope it helps you decide, Valencia is a lovely city, and an upcoming big tourist attraction.

#12279 - 10/17/07 11:01 AM Re: Madrid to Valencia?
Jeananne10 Offline

Loc: Madrid
Many thanks for all your information. It really helps. We have not got jobs in Madrid as yet so we will be trying to do everything on a limited budget - a cheap pension or hostal would be fine with us. Cheap and cheerful is all we are looking for and as long as the place is clean we will be happy with that. We are not fussy people at all. I have never been to Valencia before and am really looking forward to it.

#12280 - 10/17/07 11:15 AM Re: Madrid to Valencia?
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Please, have a look to this sites for hostels in Valencia:

http://www.hostels.com/es/es.va.html
http://www.nesthostelsvalencia.com/index-es.php
http://www.likeathome.net/index.html

In any case hotels in Valencia are cheap compared to Madrid or Barcelona. I recommend checking the prices before you make your reservation in a hostel.

booking.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments