Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12080 - 01/11/02 01:19 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Eddie

I hadn't realised it was so easy and obvious, It sounded from above that it was a bit of a hassle. Shouldn't be a problem then?

(If it's open of course! rolleyes eek rolleyes )

Jo

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

#12081 - 01/11/02 02:18 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
V_diaz is right. They closed it to test the new trains "serie 8000" for the line 8. If you are interested in the new trains, have a look at this link .

Eddie, Terminal 2 is for domestic flights and Iberia flights to the Schengen countries. Since the UK is not part of the Schengen treaty, all flights are operated from Terminal 1.

There is also a new bus service connecting all the terminals.

#12082 - 01/11/02 02:34 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hey Gang --

Thanks for the update on metro line 8
(Iīm a poet, and didnīt know it, my feet show it, theyīre Longfellows -- groan, sorry had to throw that in)

I didnīt know it was closed and I live right here duh! (MM do you have a Homer Simpson duh .wav?)

Jo-Anne, the metro from the airport (if you arrive when it is open) is easy to use, but like Eddie says, itīs a bit of a hike. But donīt fear, there are moving sidewalks in the airport and the signs to the metro are clearly marked with the word METRO in a horizontal diamond shape.

For Americans wanting to use the metro, it is a drag to use if you are coming in on an overnight flight.!! laugh

I will probably be using it soon as I found a roundtrip flight to New York from Madrid for about $250 USD ... 50,000 ptas!! Whooo hooo! Is that a Patīs Steak that I smell???

#12083 - 01/11/02 03:22 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Felix Offline

Loc: madrid
This afternoon when I was traveling on the metro they made an anouncement saying that linea 8 from/to airport will re-open next monday (14/01).

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]

#12084 - 01/11/02 05:25 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
laugh Just kidding laugh

Man, not only was I exposed as a total fraud, but totally ignored, too! I must explore more sneaky ways to be an annoyance!

#12085 - 01/11/02 05:55 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Calibasco, I actually did believe you (at first), just didnīt take the time to look at the (your) "website" !!!! Ha ha ha!!

#12086 - 01/11/02 05:56 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
This is just a general observation, and - to all on the board familiar with Mardrid - will be an obvious comment... :o

The METRO system is excellent. Familiar to less "dense" systems in the United States (except for New York), I easily say Madrid's system is on par with Paris, NY, Mexico City, and London. Clean, efficient, and everywhere you'd want to go (except for Barajas at the moment).

As many have mentioned, the 10-ride ticket is a great value and very flexible.
Just be warned if you travel in July and August - I've been told there's no air conditioning and the heat can get quite intense. Maybe those are good months to take the bus! wink

#12087 - 01/12/02 06:02 AM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Chica writes:
Quote:
I will probably be using it soon as I found a roundtrip flight to New York from Madrid for about $250 USD ... 50,000 ptas!! Whooo hooo! Is that a Patīs Steak that I smell???

Your reference to Pat's cheesesteaks may not be understood by most of the people on this board since 'It's a Philly thing!' Most of us probably couldn't even find the Melrose Diner. The Mayfair Diner in my neighborhood is where Bruce Willis breakfasts when he is doing a movie in Phila. rolleyes

Have a safe trip back! Go Eagles! (In case you've lost touch: Eagles play Tampa Bay at 4:30 PM today 'at the Vet' in the 1st round of the playoffs).

#12088 - 01/12/02 05:36 PM Re: Madrid Metro and Buses
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
JJP, the new Metro trains do have air conditioned (e.g. those in the line #8). In the rest of the lines, the newest trains also have it and I think there are plans to equip the rest of them in the near future.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1603 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments