Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12057 - 01/09/02 04:57 PM Taxi - how much (Madrid)
notyor Offline

Loc: Oldham
How much should I pay (roughly) for a taxi from the airport to Hostal Lopez???
Am I right in thinking I should ask "Cuanto es a Paseo del Prado?" to confirm the fare?

#12058 - 01/09/02 05:20 PM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi again!

If you use the search facility at the top right hand side of the board and put in 'Madrid Taxi Airport', you will get loads of related threads.

I posted one there last August One good taxi story . The ride my parents took would be roughly the same distance as from Hostal Lopez, they were just around the corner at Hostal Martin. The fare was 2600 pts.

We used Aerocity last time (we had our 3 kid with us), but next time we will be using the Metro to save some money.

Jo

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#12059 - 01/09/02 07:55 PM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Please do use Areocity's service it is far better than a taxi and much, much cheaper. Friendly, curteous service and pre-bookable over the web site. laugh

#12060 - 01/10/02 03:12 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
I would agree with Sue

If you're not using the Metro, then Aerocity are absolutely fantastic.

They are outside at the airport when you arrive (having arranged with you when you need meeting), and are very reasonable price wise, very comfortable and very friendly. and you know exactly what you will pay beforehand.

Celia U in the office is extremely helpful.

When Aerocity came to pick us all up at the hosal to take us back to the airport, we arranged for them to be there at 1.45pm, and they were, on the dot.
laugh laugh laugh

Can't rate them enough.

Jo

#12061 - 01/10/02 04:02 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
I always use the Bus that pulls up just outside the main door of the Airport.Costs about 500ptas and lets you get a feel for Madrid ifi its your first trip as you go through the streets.Drops you off at Plaza de Colon from whence its time to begin your acquaintance with the best Metro system in Europe.Never used a Taxi,but then Im tight!
Of course the easiest thing to do is get on the Metro at the Airport itself unless you have about a million cases because you will probably need to change lines 2 or 3 times.

#12062 - 01/10/02 04:59 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
Miguelito Offline

I'm not sure if the metro line of the airport is still on works, it have been closed for a few weeks recently.
Anyway, a taxi should be between 2000 and 3000 pesetas = 12 to 18 €

#12063 - 01/10/02 05:26 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Mick_Nick writes:
Quote:
... Drops you off at Plaza de Colon from whence its time to begin your acquaintance with the best Metro system in Europe. ...

A matter of opinion: I Personally would reserve that category for MetroLisboa which I think is much more 'people friendly' than MetroMadrid. True, MetroMadrid has come a long ways over the past 25-years. But have you ever had to transfer to linea-9 at Avda de America? It is really down there! eek

#12064 - 01/10/02 10:08 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
vieve Offline

Loc: Hartford
Miguelito...

any way to check if the Metro is up and running from the airport??? i'm definately more inclined to take the Metro into the city than pay for a taxi... and i'd be bummed to know it isn't running... i looked throughout the metromadrid website but couldn't find any info. about lines being closed... got anything???

thanks!

Vieve smile

#12065 - 01/10/02 10:47 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You can check their website at www.MetroMadrid.es , but last I heard the last two stops near the airport (line #8) were closed for renovations. I just checked and yes, line #8 is still "down" - they don't give an expected date of opening as far as I could find.

I've never taken a taxi from airport to hotel in Madrid, only around the city, and I'm always amazed at how cheap it is. It would cost about 3 times this amount for the same distance here in Columbus, Ohio, USA and they're easy to find at any hour in Madrid.

By the way, notyor, in the LOCATION section of the Hostal López website, there's a description about Taxi transport from the airport. It states:
Quote:

How to reach the Hostal From the Airport By Taxi
The trip takes 15-20 minutes from the airport depending on traffic. Fares range from 1700 pts to 2500 pts.
Email them to know if the price has changed or the current equivalent in Euros. Good luck!

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12066 - 01/10/02 11:46 AM Re: Taxi - how much (Madrid)
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
notyor - Suggest you arrange for Aerocity to pick you up at the airport - the price difference between Aerocity and a taxi are almost negligable. That way - you don't have to worry about getting over-charged, etc. after a long flight nor having to speak Spanish unless you are comfortable with the language. (sorry - but I don't remember if you do/do not speak Spanish)

Cabs are very inexepensive in Spain - but after a long flight - hauling luggage, etc. Aerocity's service is a god-send.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments