Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12046 - 01/07/02 09:44 AM Advice re. flights to Barcelona
joey Offline

I plan to fly to Barcelona this summer. I would prefer to take one of Delta's nonstops. Right now the tickets are priced at over $1000. Since I'll be getting 3 on frequent flyer awards and buying 1, I'm torn. I want to wait for the price to go down, but I don't want to wait to long and not be able to get on the plane.

Any suggestions?

#12047 - 01/07/02 02:30 PM Re: Advice re. flights to Barcelona
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
That is a tipical summer airfare for Barcelona. During the summer, you won't find much cheaper. I would book it. If you risk waiting, the flights will fill quickly. The bargains are only out there, during the off season.

#12048 - 01/07/02 04:40 PM Re: Advice re. flights to Barcelona
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Aside from the typical suggestions of changing the day of the week of your departure, try frequently checking back on the websites, etc. for the price to fluctuate (they will). I've never paid more than $750 for a RT to Spain, any city...I know you can beat $1000.

You might consider enlisting the help of a travel agent (they need work these days...), asking him or her to watch the flights for the schedule you give them, and asking them to book when the flights get to a certain price. You can also program www.orbitz.com and some others to make these searches for you.

¡Buena suerte!

#12049 - 01/08/02 09:33 AM Re: Advice re. flights to Barcelona
zero262quick Offline

Loc: Eastern Shore of Maryland
joey,

If you will give me the details of your flight (dates, departure cites, etc.) I will search for the lowest fare. I have special software that searches dozens of sites. Just email me the information at pbchamp@intercom.net and I'll do my best.

Ben
pbchamp@intercom.net
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- Thomas Watson (1874-1956), Chairman of IBM, 1943

"The more I meet new people, the more I like my dog."

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.
- Scottish Proverb

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments