Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11997 - 12/22/01 12:16 AM Driving to Santander
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Thinking back on my driving experience last summer, was it my imagination or was the drive North to Santander from Burgos far more harrowing (but very beautiful) than the trip back South on to Palencia?

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: karenwishart ]

#11998 - 12/25/01 09:07 AM Re: Driving to Santander
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I've never driven from the north coast south to Palencia but I must admit that the drive from Burgos to about Torrelavega is a real 'white knuckler.' If you really want a harrowing experience, try driving south from Unquera to Potes (Liebana). It's on the way to Fuente De. The gorge of the rio Deva is breathtaking! eek

#11999 - 12/27/01 08:26 AM Re: Driving to Santander
missmadrid98 Offline

Loc: Madrid
ya i have driven that route 3 times!!! burgos to santander is very very curvy, it´s very frustrating after while. the thing it that there is no real other route, the other routes take just as long, maybe a little longer, but they are not as curvy.

#12000 - 12/27/01 02:17 PM Re: Driving to Santander
Felix Offline

Loc: madrid
An alternative is to go via Bilbao. There is a fantastic freeway (it's private, so it's not free and you have to pay) from Burgos to Bilbao and then Bilbao-Santander is conected by another good freeway (this one is free). You will make more miles, but sometimes is better than going by other roads (specially in winter if there is snow).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2647 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments