Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11966 - 12/13/01 12:54 PM Flying to several cities in Spain
austinguy Offline

Loc: austin, texas
My daughter will be attending the University of Barcelona in the spring and my wife and I are going to visit her during holy week. We are trying to decide what arrangements to make to fly there and get around in Spain, too. We will visit Barcelona, Granada, Santander, Bilboa, and Madrid. Iberia's SpainPass appears to be a good deal for flying in Spain domestically, but you must fly to Spain on Iberia to get that deal. We could fly on other airlines and upgrade to business class with points to get to Madrid or Barcelona, but we can't upgrade on Iberia. Does anyone have any experience with the SpainPass or flying from the US to Spain in economy?

#11967 - 12/13/01 01:21 PM Re: Flying to several cities in Spain
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I guess you've probable ruled out this possibility but remember that American Airlines and BA miles will buy you an upgrade on Iberia.

#11968 - 12/13/01 06:21 PM Re: Flying to several cities in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
When we used an Iberia SpainPass, it wa s 4-segment pass that required a colsed circuit. We flew Madrid-Sevilla, Sevilla-Barcelona, Barcelona-Santiago and Santiago-Madrid. It was a good deal then; but look into what Spanair has to offer. I think they offer a similar SpainPass and all you have to do is fly TransAtlantic on a 'qualifying carrier' (whatever that is). In July I did Madrid-Santander (MotorCoach - 5.5 hrs.) Daytripped Santander-Bilbao; then Santander-Barcelona (MotorCoach - 9 hrs.) and Barcelona-Sevilla (overnight Talgo sleeper) & Sevilla-Madrid (AVE - Train 2.5 hours). Total cost about ESP 40.000 (USD $200) rolleyes
Air Nostrum (Iberia 'commuter') was the only carrier that served Santander at the time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2646 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments