Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11922 - 12/11/01 07:07 PM Buy rail pass/train tickets?
mikerod76 Offline

Loc: florida
Hello,

Does anyone know what is the place to buy rail passess or indiviual ticket for travel in W. europe? I found a website www.raileurope.com.

#11923 - 12/11/01 08:00 PM Re: Buy rail pass/train tickets?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
How about the tried and true Eurail pass (@ http://www.eurail.com )? I used them the first time I went to Europe 10 years ago. Not sure you can use these in Spain though.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11924 - 12/12/01 12:45 AM Re: Buy rail pass/train tickets?
DavidB Offline

Loc: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Hi Guys

Spain is one of the 5 main Countries that all of the Europasses relate to. What one you buy is applicable to your own situation.

You can purchase them from either of the websites mentioned or, if you are using a Travel Agent they can arrange it for you.

Last time in France. Italy, Switzerland and Spain we used Europass where-ever it was ecomonically viable. Sometimes it wasn't worth using a day of your Pass when a point-to-point ticket was cheaper. So save them for things like overnight trains and the AVE.

David cool

#11925 - 12/16/01 04:21 AM Re: Buy rail pass/train tickets?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Mikerod76, I don't know if this will help you, but I saw it in tomorrow's Philadelphia Inquirer newspaper:

"Iberian rail pass. Those planning a trip in the new year to Portugal and Spain - the Iberian Peninsula - can consider the Iberic Saverpass, a new rail pass that covers two to five people traveling together and is good for 3 to 10 days of travel over a two-month period on Portuguese and Spanish trains. The pass, with prices starting at $200 per person, is available through travel agents; Rail Europe at phone 1-888-382-7245, Web site www.raileurope.com ; and Destination Europe Resources at www.der.com ."

#11926 - 12/17/01 12:19 PM Re: Buy rail pass/train tickets?
Chica369 Offline

Loc: York, PA
For me the easiest was to call RailEurope and speak to a human. He was knowledgeable and really took his time with all my requests

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2679 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments