Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11910 - 12/03/01 11:49 PM Dec. 29: Europe by air/train??
kl Offline

Loc: seattle
Dear MadridMan,

Have been following your wonderful website commentary since my husband and I decided to spend the holidays in Spain. Looking forward to the night of the 29th and hooking up with some fellow Yanks.

We arrive on Decemeber 18th from Seattle and are hoping to dash down to Sevilla and Cordoba before the X-mas rush. Europe by air or train?? Will be settled in a flat at the Hotel Dulcina (with a kitchen!) on the 23rd and depart on January 4. Please advise.
KerriLyn

[ 12-04-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#11911 - 12/04/01 12:18 AM Re: Dec. 29: Europe by air/train??
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi kl! Welcome to the Spain-Loving group!! smile

Did you mean to ask "Europe by air or train?" or "Spain by air or train?"? If you're asking about the best mode of transportation around Spain I'd say by train. It's more scenic and less expensive than by plane, but does take a little longer too.

You can get the lightning fast AVE train (see the www.RENFE.es site for more information and timetables and prices) to Sevilla from Madrid. Have a great time in Spain and see you at El Brillante on the 29th in Madrid!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11912 - 12/04/01 06:19 AM Re: Dec. 29: Europe by air/train??
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
That's probably the Hotel Dulcinea.

On your arrival you will probably be pretty wasted from many hours travel, so my advice would be to continue to Cordoba or Sevilla (whichever) when you arrive, have something to eat and then 'crash' for as many hours as it takes to get your body clocks adjusted.

Then you can work your way back to Madrid at a leisurely pace.

On Iberia, we once went Madrid-Sevilla, Sevilla-Barcelona, Barcelona-Vigo (Galicia) and Vigo-Madrid on a 4-segment 'visit Spain' pass. We weren't in a hurry - it was just the fact that the pass was so inexpensive. Spanair also has some pretty good deals on their Madrid-Lisbon service. So flying can get you a lot of places in a short time; but since you are already committed to staying in Madrid ... cool

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2689 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments