Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11879 - 12/02/01 01:16 PM From Cadaques to Madrid
whatsinspain Offline

Loc: USA
Do you know the best way from Cadaques to Madrid?
During my backpack trip in Spain, I plan to spend a night on transportation from Cadaques to Madrid.
Do I have to transfer in Barcelona?
Is a night-train more comfortable than a night-bus?

Thank you very much in advance.

#11880 - 12/02/01 03:11 PM Re: From Cadaques to Madrid
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Hi, Whatsinspain,
Cadaques does not have a train station. It looks to me like you'll have to get to Barcelona and take a train, bus, or plane from there to Madrid. I have taken the night train between BCN and MAD, and I liked it. There are old threads, probably in the transportation section, about how worthwhile flying between the two cities is. You may want to do a search. You'll probably find more information about the bus or train there, too.

But to get back to Cadaques. The bus company that works the Costa Brava area is called Sarfa. They are very good - punctual, comfortable, and cheap. Their address in Cadaques is Sant Vicens, s/n (meaning it has no number), and their phone number is 972 25 87 13. (They don't have a website.) You usually don't have to buy a ticket far in advance, unless it's a holiday, or if it's the beginning or end of a weekend, you may want to buy it 2 or 3 days before. They have buses to Barcelona that leave 12 times daily, with very few stops.

Even if you get from Cadaques to Llanca or Figueres, where there are train stations, you'd still have to change trains in Barcelona. I recommend taking the bus straight from Cadaques to Barcelona. It's probably even faster than the train.

To find out about the trains, visit the website at www.renfe.es . If you don't know Spanish, they have an English version. You can get all the information you could possibly want about timetables, services on the trains, and prices there.

Whatsinspain, I just read in another of your posts that you plan to travel from Cadaques to Madrid on Jan. 6. RED LIGHT!! RED LIGHT!! You and several thousand more people will be traveling that day, especially later in the day and at night! Jan. 6 is Epiphany, a HUGE and important family holiday in Spain (see the thread on Christmas), and the next day, the 7th, everyone is expected back at work and school. The train/bus/plane tickets for that day may already be sold out. How about going on the 7th?

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2714 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments