Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11659 - 09/06/01 09:10 AM (Madrid) One good taxi story
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
I realise that many people have had bad experiences with taxis to and from the airport, but just wanted you to know that there are some good guys driving the taxis too.

My parents hailed a taxi outside Hostal Martin on Tuesday, they were on their way to catch a plane from Barajas to UK.

The fare was 2600 pts and they gave him 3000 pts (1 x 2000, 1 x 1000) saying 'Bale', keep the change type of thing. They left the taxi and the driver and started into the airport building. They then saw the driver running after them, having left his taxi. He told them they had given him too much and gave them 1000 pts back. Apparently they had handed over 1 x 2000 pts and 2 x 1000 pts by mistake.

It would have been all too easy for him to have stayed with his taxi and kept the extra 1000, but he didn't.

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: Jo-Anne ]

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#11660 - 09/06/01 01:33 PM Re: (Madrid) One good taxi story
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
I have taken at least a dozen taxis in Madrid and Sevilla and have never been overcharged. We did get robbed recently in Rome in a taxi from the airport, but there were so many people waiting and so few taxis that we decided not to begin our trip with an argument and a return to the airport.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments