Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#11638 - 10/17/01 06:47 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Granadabound, for what dates are your tickets?? Doubt they're surrounding Christmastime though. Seems after the 14th December starts the blackout dates (Just ask me. I KNOW! ARGH!).

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11639 - 10/17/01 10:31 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
rere Offline

Loc: palm springs, ca, usa
MM, I really don't think it's high during all your vacation time--probably just departing the 21-24 of December. cool

#11640 - 10/18/01 05:57 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
El Boqueron Offline

Loc: UK
MM - have you considered flying to London (generally more flights and cheaper than Madrid), and then taking a cheap London-Madrid deal? I know that makes it a very long journey, but it may be better than not going at all.

best of luck, whatever!

#11641 - 10/18/01 08:11 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

El Boqueron, I looked into flying to London via British Airways to take advantage of the great deals not only from London to Madrid, but also from the USA to Madrid (via London only), but they don't depart from Columbus, Ohio. SO, I'd have to buy a ticket to one of their hubs here in the US AND THEN go to Madrid via London making it a 2-stop trip and adding up all the flight tickets would equal about what I'm expecting to pay ($1,260) for the 1-stop flight as it is. It seems all British Airways flights must go through London first and there are not direct routes to Madrid from anywhere in the USA.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#11642 - 10/18/01 08:19 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
MadridMan,

It looks like you're fighting a tough battle on this one, your specific dates falling into the airline "peak travel" period.

I wonder if you considered finding a bucket shop/consolidator, which buys up tour group tickets when there are cancellations. Often those tickets go for less than 50% of the established rates. A second option that I would consider strongly, is doing some hefty research in e-Bay, and other auction locations, to see if you can find anyone who needs to bail out on their existing tickets, where the names can be changed. It's not all that rare that you can find them, even though the time period you're looking at may make it a bit more difficult.

Wolf

#11643 - 10/18/01 08:40 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Wolfgang, as always, I tried the bucket shops/consolidators first and all those seats have already been sold - those were the ones available for $650 4 weeks ago when I first started considering the trip, but they were all sold quickly as there were fewer available due to the airline flights cutback. mad

Thanks for your suggestions about www.ebay.com and other online auction houses. I'll also try www.Priceline.com when/if I ever get approved for leave (going on 4-weeks now. :mad smile

#11644 - 10/18/01 03:25 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
roses Offline

Loc: Beverly Hills, CA
Well, I got a really great price on a ticket on Iberia... My final destination is Roma, but I have a day layover in Madrid (both ways). My price with tax and everything included from Miami was $510 bucks. I wouldn't recommend flying internationally on any US carriers during this trying time.

Wolf, thanks for your message. It's nice to know that you guys haven't forgotten about me.

I've been looking for a job in Madrid, and I finally got an interview in Spain next month. No guarantees, but it's a step. Wish me luck!!!

roses.

#11645 - 10/18/01 04:48 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
mick nick Offline

Loc: wakefield , w.yorks
MM have you looked at flights into Manchester from the US and then a 20 minute ride to Liverpool airport where you can get a £20 single to Madrid?

#11646 - 10/18/01 07:32 PM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

ROSES!!! You're BAAAACK!!! Welcome! Say, what are the dates of your travel?? It's vital to the price you got, I'm sure.

Mick nick, haven't looked into that angle either mainly because it will certainly add a stop to my already long trip and that car ride will surely add stress. eek

#11647 - 10/19/01 11:07 AM Re: US Air - Fall Fare Sale (for winter travel)
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Quick note: US Airways' fares to Madrid. This e-mail arrived today for those of you who can "get up and go." (Madridman, feel free to edit if necessary.)

US Airways is pleased to announce a special Madrid E-Savers offer.

You may depart on Mondays to Thursdays, between October 22 and November 8, 2001. Return travel is Tuesdays to Fridays, between October 30 and November 16, 2001. Travel is not permitted to Madrid on November 1. Saturday night stay is required. Tickets must be purchased by October 25, 2001.

PURCHASE E-SAVERS ONLINE AT http://www.usairways.com/reservations/index.htm AND RECEIVE A $10 DISCOUNT OFF OF THE FARES LISTED BELOW. THE $10 DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY WHEN BOOKING BY TELEPHONE THROUGH US AIRWAYS' RESERVATIONS DEPARTMENT.

To find these fares, simply enter your origin and destination cities, select "My Travel Dates are Flexible" and choose from a list of low fares. Tickets must be purchased at the time of reservation.

US Airways now offers terrific savings for weekend travel between the U.S. and Canada. Depart Friday or Saturday and return Sunday or Monday. Tickets must be purchased at least 3 days before departure. Call US Airways at 1-800-428-4322 for complete details.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffalo, NY Madrid, Spain $265

Charlotte, NC Madrid, Spain $275

Columbus, OH Madrid, Spain $275

Indianapolis, IN Madrid, Spain $275

Kansas City, MO Madrid, Spain $275

Los Angeles, CA Madrid, Spain $295

Nashville, TN Madrid, Spain $275

Philadelphia, PA Madrid, Spain $255

Providence, RI Madrid, Spain $265

Raleigh/Durham, NC Madrid, Spain $275

Richmond, VA Madrid, Spain $265

Rochester, NY Madrid, Spain $265

San Francisco, CA Madrid, Spain $295

Seattle/Tacoma, WA Madrid, Spain $295

Syracuse, NY Madrid, Spain $265

Fares shown are based on roundtrip Coach travel on US Airways/US Airways Express/MetroJet by US Airways, during the period specified above. Depending upon your travel needs, alternative routings may be available at the same fares, with part of the service on regional aircraft operated by US Airways Express carriers Allegheny, Air Midwest, CCAIR, Chautauqua, Colgan, Mesa, Piedmont, Potomac Air, PSA or Trans States.

For travel, call 1-888-FLY-E-SAVERS and request one of the E-Savers listed above. Or, to make your reservations online and save $10, please visit us at http://www.usairways.com/reservations/index.htm

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments