Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11304 - 06/04/01 08:47 AM Train from Aachen, Germany
Sean Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY USA
Hey Madridman!! It's been a long time since I have posted on this board, although I read it almost every day. I have been traveling mostly in South America for the past year. Well, enough of that.

The time is coming for me to go to Germany. I was hoping to make a side trip back to Madrid. Can anyone give me some ideas on where I could find good, reliable info on train schedules and fares from Aachen to Madrid? I have tried a few different sites but they are always in German..and I have no clue what it says. Thanks for any help.

#11305 - 06/04/01 06:01 PM Re: Train from Aachen, Germany
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
Try www.renfe.es. If you know your cities, you'll be fine. Welcome back to the board. It's always nice to see a member number below #100. Vintage.

#11306 - 06/08/01 05:29 PM Re: Train from Aachen, Germany
Sean Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY USA
Thanks for the help, but it doesn't seem to have any cities in Germany, unless I am not seeing something.

#11307 - 06/08/01 06:14 PM Re: Train from Aachen, Germany
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
You will definitely need to connect out of another international city from Spain. It looks like Zurich is your gateway to Deutschland. Check this spot on the Renfe site: http://www.renfe.es/viajes/trayectos_int.html.

From Zurich you have DB (Die Bahn) trains to Aachen thrice daily. Check this link: http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/dn?L=adr Just type in "Zurich" in the first box and "Aachen" in the second, and you'll get the times.

Good luck...

[ 06-08-2001: Message edited by: CaliBasco ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2719 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments