Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11111 - 04/27/01 01:51 PM Madrid to San Sebastian????
Adam Offline

I'm arriving into Madrid and want to go up to Bilbao. How long will it take for me to get from Madrid to Bilbao or San Sebastian? Is the bus the best way? How expensive is it?

Also, after that I want to head to Seville. Is it possible to do it direct from San Sebastian? Has anyone done an overnight train? How long does it take?

Thanks!

Adam

#11112 - 04/27/01 02:47 PM Re: Madrid to San Sebastian????
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Please bear in mind the geography. If you want to visit Seville-Madrid-San Sebastian, I would use Madrid as the middle point and move north and south.

Both trips are around 4-5 hours by car, probably the bus is a good economical option

#11113 - 04/27/01 07:33 PM Re: Madrid to San Sebastian????
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
You'll find all the information (prices, times, schedules) regarding trains and planes following the links on Madridman's transportation section. You'll find also a link to a page listing the schedules and times from Madrid to Bilbao.

Generally speaking, buses are cheaper than trains and as fast as them (unless you take a fast train such as the AVE, Talgo 200 or Alaris).

As for the San Sebastián - Sevilla trip, I agree with Nativo. It'd be easier, less tiring and cheaper to go through Madrid. There are direct flights from San Sebastian to Sevilla but they are quite expensive.

#11114 - 04/28/01 05:37 AM Re: Madrid to San Sebastian????
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi!
From Madrid to San Sebastian you may choose between:
1. Regular bus line, with "Continental Auto" taking about 5 1/2 hours in modern and comfortable coaches. It is also the cheapest option, something less than 4.000 pesetas one way. Around 4 departures daily
2. Talgo train leaving Madrid about 15.00 hrs daily and also taking about 6 hours. Prices between 5.000-6.000 ptas.
3. Flying is the quickest, and more expensive way, around 40 minutes and 17.000 ptas one way. However, your may find special offers in http://www.iberia.com
From San Sebastian to Sevilla, you could go to Madrid and then take AVE train to Sevilla or fly to Madrid and then to Sevilla.
Best regards.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments