Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11091 - 04/27/01 12:35 AM Car Rental in Malaga
Cheryl Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi, My husband and I will be arriving in Malaga on 5th of May where we will stay for a week and then drive on to Alicante where we will spend another week. We want to hire a car from the Malaga Airport for the duration of the two weeks. Can anyone suggest inexpensive car rentals? Thanks so much for all the other wonderful hints this site has given me.

#11092 - 04/27/01 11:07 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi Cheryl! I got your e-mail, but yesterday I had a new high speed (!!) ADSL telephone line put in and now I can only receive at the moment and not send anything .......Gracias, Telfonica! mad

Anyway, you might try here for car rental http://www.hellehollis.com/eng/index.html
or send an e-mail to Crown Car at crown@costanet.es as in our newspaper out today they are offering all inclusive rates for 16.900 Pts for 7 days. Insurance unlimited mileage etc etc.for $90. Not bad?

If it saves you a few pesetas, you owe me a drink. laugh

#11093 - 04/27/01 12:32 PM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
Cheryl Offline

AmchovyMan you are a star ... and yes, that drink is definately in order!! Thank you so, so much for your help .. give us a tel no and it would be great to have a drink together in Malaga (watch the others go green laugh Until then, regards, Cheryl & Co

#11094 - 04/27/01 01:34 PM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
After doing a lot of comparisons I also have reserved a car(3 weeks) with Crown... they are not at the airport, but they are suppose to meet the passenger and take them to the rental office... I opted for an "open top" in hopes of some sunny days driving the backroads.... timing is everything would like to join the party but I am not arriving until the 25th.......

#11095 - 04/28/01 08:35 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
Cheryl Offline

AnchovyFront, thank you and that drink is in order. I have managed to reserve a car through Crown at very reasonable rates, tho' nothing as fancy as Jllawson ... just a Corsa, but it will do us fine.
jllawson, sorry but you're going to have to miss out on a great party laugh

#11096 - 04/29/01 11:10 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
Fancy car!!!!! it cost me a whole 500pts extra per day.... tip a glass of oloroso dulce for me... I'll finish the bottle when I get there.......

#11097 - 04/30/01 05:58 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Cheryl, you might live to regret your kind words about that drink. By sheer luck, or good timing, it is my birthday on the 5th and I am going to stay in Malaga with my wife and four friends for a night on the town! I'll e-mail you my mobile number and if you're not too tired after your flight give me a ring.

#11098 - 04/30/01 09:44 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
Cheryl Offline

AnchovyFront that's a bonus!! Wouldn't miss it for the world. We will be staying at Los Amigos Beach Club Playamarina ... Know it?
So, PLEASE eMail me your mobile number and I'll make sure we have a siesta so we can celebrate with you. Suddenly I feel as if we already have friends there laugh Thanks so much for the invite.

#11099 - 05/02/01 09:06 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
davej Offline

Loc: Nerja, Málaga, Spain
A tip! When you get to Málaga airport, split up your party. One collects the luggage (you'll need a 100 ptas coin or similar for the trolley) while another *immediately* gets into the queue for the car hire. Most of the companies have offices inside the Arrivals Hall (but not all). Queuing there at bust times can take forever - an hour is not unusual.

#11100 - 05/02/01 11:40 AM Re: Car Rental in Malaga
Cheryl Offline

Thanks for the tip, Davej and I'll be the one queuing for the car as my husband very cleverly opted for me to have the International Drivers Licence (methinks he wants to "check out the talent" while I drive)!! Driving on the right-hand side will take a bit of getting used to, but I'll give it a go eek Just 2 more sleeps and I'm outa here!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2442 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments