Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11058 - 04/22/01 08:31 PM VISIT TO MADRID
JAY TEE Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
MY WIFE AND I ARE VISITING SPAIN FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS AND GOING TO ROTA. WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE TRAIN OR BUS AND SIGHTSEE ON THE WAY. CAN YOU GIVE ME AN IDEA THE BEST ROUTE AND APPROX HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO ROTA?. ALSO LOOKING AT MAYBE EVEN A PLANE RIDE FM MADRID TO JEREZ THEN BUS OR TRAIN TO ROTA. GRACIAS.JT smile

#11059 - 04/23/01 06:19 AM Re: VISIT TO MADRID
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
There's infrequent local bus service from Sevilla to Rota. There are two bus stations in Sevilla - the Rota bus does not leave from the Plaza de Armas terminal. It leaves from the other one.
You mention flying into Jerez de la frontera. The local Sevilla - Rota bus has a stop in Jerez.
As for sightseeing between Madrid and Rota, the terrain isn't much to see but the cities (Cordoba & Sevilla) are. You might consider stopping a couple of nights in Sevilla.
In el Puerto de Santa Maria is the famous Domecq winery / distillery. That's probably why it's always so busy. El Monasterio de San Miguel (a former Monastery) is el Puerto's five star deluxe hotel. rolleyes
There's frequent rail service from Sevilla to el Puerto de Santa Maria. You might consider taking a train to el Puerto & taxi from there. NAS Rota has an el Puerto gate, in case your business in Rota has something to do with the Navy base. And the best road from el Puerto to Rota is inside the base.

You could even take a train all the way from Madrid to el Puerto. I think there are two daily. You can get schedules and fares at http://www.renfe.es
Click on the British flag for their English language version.
And if you want to stay in el Puerto be sure you have advance reservations. The last time I was there it was 'booked solid;' and I have heard from people who have been there more recently - same story. :p

[ 04-24-2001: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1746 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments