Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#11035 - 04/17/01 07:34 AM RENFE schedules?
Effie Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Hi folks,

My husband and I are heading off to Spain for the first time at the end of May. I've been trying to find train schedules to decide whether to travel to some places by train or car, but on the RENFE website , I only see schedules listed up to 21 May. Anyone know when they will post timetables for late May-early June? Is there somewhere else I can find that info?

Gracias,
Effie confused

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#11036 - 04/17/01 10:59 AM Re: RENFE schedules?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
From past experience I have found that most of the schedules continue in effect after 21 May with increased service (if anything) to popular destinations for the tourist season. You should be able to make your plans based on schedules currently in effect.
Trains often don't go as directly as one may wish. For example: Whether you are going to Ourense or Oviedo or Santander from Madrid, the train route goes thru Medina del Campo. You may also want to fill in with travel by Motorcoach: Several Bus Companies have very comfortable (and often more convenient, more frequent or faster than Train)Business Class Motorcoaches, seating 3-across with on board attendants to serve food or drinks, restroom equipped with express service between major cities. Try http://www.alsa.es and look at their 'Supra' service. rolleyes

[ 04-17-2001: Message edited by: Antonio ]

#11037 - 04/17/01 06:01 PM Re: RENFE schedules?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Eddie is right. Renfe schedules for the summer won't change a lot. Just check them as if you were going on the same day of the week.

I guess they will update the website very soon. Otherwise, the only thing you can do is phone them.

#11038 - 04/17/01 08:04 PM Re: RENFE schedules?
SuePycroft Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I too have checked the Renfe site for summer times. I have received a message from Renfe to say they will post new times around 21/22 June and that the times will only vary by minutes. Hope this helps.

#11039 - 04/18/01 08:31 PM Re: RENFE schedules?
Effie Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thanks everyone for your replies! This is a great site that's an immense help in planning our trip.

I tried to book tickets online for the AVE from Cordoba to Madrid on 4 June, but my request keep getting spit back at me by the server. How difficult is it to try make a reservation with renfe by phone if one speaks little-to-no Spanish?

Effie

#11040 - 05/13/01 04:44 PM Re: RENFE schedules?
jude Offline

I booked tickets on the RENFE site and I also had trouble at first. It wouldn't let me enter my postal(zip) code so I typed in any old thing and it let me through. Plain sailing (rather railing) after that. :p Had a fantastic journey.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments