Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10798 - 03/13/01 01:57 AM Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
rippy Offline

Is the Aerocity shuttle a good option for a party of 4 with at least 6 pieces of luggage? Their internet site says it will cost us $20 for 4. It seems a cab would be at least that much.

#10799 - 03/13/01 06:00 AM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi Rippy!
Actually, our web site quotes this price in 20 USD, if you pay in dollars.
Our official rate in pesetas is 3.200 ptas. which, at the actual exchange rate would equal aprox. to 17 USD.
Think that the official taxi fare for your ride into Madrid centre should be something between 3.500 and 4.000 ptas and that you might have to take two taxis if your baggage does not fit in one.
Best regards.

------------------
Juan
Airport shuttle, limo and coach services in Spain.
http://www.aerocity.com

#10800 - 03/13/01 07:59 AM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Aerocity,

I noticed there is no rate shown for Barajas Airport to Pinto. Can you give me a clue as to how much it would cost each direction for two adults?

Thanks!

Wolf

#10801 - 03/13/01 09:42 AM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I am sorry, we are charging rates for outer Madrid areas these days.
Price for two people from Barajas airport to Pinto is 5.100 pesetas, regular shared service and 9.800 pesetas for express, non stop service to destination.
Think that Pinto is quite away (aprox 30 minutes higway ride) from Barajas.
Thanks for your interest and regards.

------------------
Juan
Airport shuttle, limo and coach services in Spain.

#10802 - 04/01/01 07:56 AM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
Return2Dreams Offline

Loc: MS, USA
I just came back from Spain. I used their service. I highly recommend them. FYI: They had a reservation booking at the front desk at my hotel (Tryp Washington/Menfis). The rate was reasonable to me and both drivers were extremely nice & friendly.

PS I had to call them on the day of my departure. (I forgot the pick-up time) The man that helped me on the phone spoke perfect English and was very nice.

#10803 - 04/02/01 10:44 AM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
I'd like to make reservations with AeroCity. Should I wait until shortly before we leave for Spain (which isn't until May)? What's the cost for two people from the Gran Via to Barrajas?

Sorry, I forgot to check the website. $13.75 U.S. or 2200 pesetas...is that right?

[This message has been edited by Carole Chiaro (edited 04-02-2001).]

#10804 - 04/02/01 05:23 PM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
tlr Offline

Loc: oxnard, ca usa
Another satisfied customer! Very prompt and reliable. The only complaint was that they should warn you that you can't pay with a credit card. If they need a credit card as a deposit then you should be able to pay with it...

#10805 - 04/02/01 11:17 PM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
Return2Dreams Offline

Loc: MS, USA
My hotel was at the Gran Via. (Two passengers) My bill was 2500 and that included the 7% (which was only 164).

#10806 - 04/03/01 05:59 AM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
Celia U Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hola a todos,

Return2dreams, the reason of paying 2.500 pesetas is because on Sundays, Holiday Bank or at night there is a little supplement.

tlr, We do not accept Credit Card in Aerocity services because prices are so low that if We have to pay Credit Card Companies commissions We do not even cover the costs of the services.

Carole Chiaro, You can do your reservation whenever you want to, preferable at least two days in advance.

Saludos,
Celia

------------------
Airport shuttle, limousine service and car rental.

#10807 - 04/04/01 09:50 PM Re: Aerocity shuttle (Madrid)
mjames8258 Offline

Loc: houston, texas u.s.a.
I would have to say that I too am a satisfied customer. When I arrived in Madrid a couple of weeks ago, something strange happened. I arrived on time! I was supposed to be picked up about 45 minutes later. I waited and no sight of Aero City. I took a cab. What a MISTAKE! Got rather royally shafted. I left Madrid for a couple of days via air and used Aero City a total of 3 times while in Madrid. Each time everything worked perfectly. One thing - be prepaired for the driver NOT to speak English. I had two different drivers and neither seemed to speak any English. Didnt really matter - they knew where I wanted to go. Can't encourage you enough to use this service. It is QUITE a savings over being an ignorant victim of a taxi driver! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1564 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments