Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10743 - 03/08/01 12:01 AM car travel seats in Spain
travelmom Offline

Loc: atlanta,GA,usa
I have two young children we are taking to Almeria Spain ( to visit an aunt) and then spend a few days in Madrid. I don't want to lug around car seats for them other wise I will really look like a tourist. We will have access to a car while in Almeria area. Do my children need car seats? Can I rent car seats at car rental agencies anywhere in Spain? If any one has traveled via car and small children in Spain let me know how you handled this.

#10744 - 03/08/01 07:30 AM Re: car travel seats in Spain
nevado Offline

Depending on your rental agency, they may offer seats free of charge or for a small fee. I know AVIS mentions seats. I'd check with the rental company.

Sorry, I read your post again and it looks as if you won't be renting a car. You most likely won't be able to get a seat from a rental agency if you're not renting a car.

[This message has been edited by nevado (edited 03-08-2001).]

#10745 - 03/08/01 09:40 AM Re: car travel seats in Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Hi!

Renting car seats through an auto rental agency can be nearly as costly as renting a car. I would suggest you have the aunt check the newspaper ads for "used seats" that can be bought for just a few dollars. Then when you leave, she can advertise them for sale the same way, and get most of the money back.

The classified sections in most areas of Spain are quite a bit like they are in the US & UK.

Hope this helps.

Wolf

#10746 - 03/08/01 09:41 AM Re: car travel seats in Spain
Wolf Offline

Loc: Rockford, IL/Milton, WI, USA
Hi!

Renting car seats through an auto rental agency can be nearly as costly as renting a car. I would suggest you have the aunt check the newspaper ads for "used seats" that can be bought for just a few dollars. Then when you leave, she can advertise them for sale the same way, and get most of the money back.

The classified sections in most areas of Spain are quite a bit like they are in the US & UK.

Hope this helps.

Wolf

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2875 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments