Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10732 - 03/07/01 09:24 AM Warning: Duero River flooding
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
This week the Duero river is well over their record high, yesterday Valladolid suffered a flood, today is Zamora.The Duero river is carrying 6times normal levels. River is flooding the areas as the same time the water reaches for the sea in Portugal.

It is seriously adviced for anyone that goes to Duero's flatland (Zamora, Salamanca, Toro, Porto)to be constantly informed by the national services.

In fact it has been advised that unless is necesary, not to travel from Madrid towards center north by car (That is Leon,Asturias, Galicia,...) It is only for this week.

There is also "water excess" conditions in the South, Seville specially but it is less severe.

Everything is supposed to go back to normal next week,

Take care and listen to the news if you are traveling in Castilla Leon outside the big cities

#10733 - 03/16/01 12:30 PM Re: Warning: Duero River flooding
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Is this a typical spring event and generally by June this would be unusual?

#10734 - 03/30/01 12:10 PM Re: Warning: Duero River flooding
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
This year is completely unsual from rain perspective. Up to now, it has been the rainiest in the last 100 years in central spain. The other day my granpa told me to carefully remember the landscape, because chances are that I will not see it this green until I am his age.

#10735 - 03/31/01 08:03 PM Re: Warning: Duero River flooding
karenwishart Offline

Loc: York,PA,USA
Well.I hope it rains itself out by June! I'm sure it is beautiful though. The last week of June I'm touring "Green" Spain. ..north from Madrid to Segovia, Aranda del Duero, Haro, over to Santillana del Mer then to Palencia. Can this still be a rainy time?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1633 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments