Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10584 - 02/18/01 06:10 PM Barcelona Airport & Barcelona-France Rail
Balise Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Hello!

I am thinking of taking the plane from Madrid to Barcelona (after reading a million exhortations from Antonio to do so!), but I want to know: where is the airport in Barcelona? I imagine it is outside of the city, so I'll have to catch a bus or taxi or train into area where all of the sites are.

And then, I'm wondering if anyone has taken the rail from Barcelona into France? I am thinking maybe I'll get a Europass; has anyone tried this? I'm going to get a Europass because I'm traveling to France and Italy after Spain.

-Balise

#10585 - 02/19/01 04:34 AM Re: Barcelona Airport & Barcelona-France Rail
Asterault Offline

Loc: Gijón
The airport is in El Prat to the south of the city. There is a train (Cercanías line 1) that stops and leaves from Plaça Catalunya and Estació Sants. There is also a bus ('Aerobus') to the airport which drops off directly into Pl. Catalunya. A taxi may cost 2.000 or more but if you want one there are plenty.

The bus comes every 15 minutes and is the best bet.

There are numerous trains daily into France, I have taken them and they are fine, though the ride to Paris is long.

#10586 - 02/19/01 11:38 AM Re: Barcelona Airport & Barcelona-France Rail
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
The bus between Plaça Catalunya and the airport is great, space for luggage, arrives often, and lets you off at your specific terminal. I would recommend it.

#10587 - 02/19/01 03:53 PM Re: Barcelona Airport & Barcelona-France Rail
Honest Goose Offline

Hi Balise
You didn't say where in France you wanted to go to so this may be of no use to you - here goes anyway. I've travelled between Barcelona/Paris and Madrid/Paris quite often on the RENFE Tren-Hotels which offer a very comfortable service. The fare is about £120 return which includes a bed in a 4 person compartment as the train leaves at roughly 7pm each evening from either city.

I've also travelled by train between Madrid and Barcelona. I know it takes longer than the plan, but for someone who has a phobia about flying its the best option! Trains leave Madrid four times each day 7am, 9am, 11am and 10pm and take 7 hours except the sleeper which takes 9 hours. The fare is about £30 single plus a £24 supplement for the sleeper.

Have a great time in the wonderful Barcelona, you'll love it.

Honest Goose

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments