#10471 - 01/29/01 10:58 AM Luggage Storage at Madrid (Barajas) Airport
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Is there secure 24 hour luggage storage at Barajas? Thanks! Carole

#10472 - 01/30/01 03:47 PM Re: Luggage Storage at Madrid (Barajas) Airport
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Yes there is. It is in a separate building from the actual terminals. If you arrive at International, go out the glass doors straight in front of you and it should be right across the road (or a little further down depending what door you come out). It is very secure, open 24 hours with guards. I am not sure of the price, although I think I remember it got expensive when my friend left stuff there for about a week.

#10473 - 01/31/01 01:31 PM Re: Luggage Storage at Madrid (Barajas) Airport
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Thank you for the information. We are planning to return our rental car at the airport then take the Metro (easier without a lot of stuff) into Madrid to enjoy our last nights.

#10474 - 02/03/01 01:50 PM Re: Luggage Storage at Madrid (Barajas) Airport
dorothy Offline

Loc: Water Mill NY USA
Thanks for the info, I'm planning to fly to
Malaga on an 11:20 AM domestic air flight.
I arrive at the Internnational terminal in Madrid at 7:25 AM, assuming plane is on time.

Is this enough time to get luggage, go through customs, get to the luggage storage place and
over to the domestic terminal? I've reserved
the flight and have to book by tomorrow, February 4. Also, do you remember the name of
the storage company? Thanks, dorothy

#10475 - 02/07/01 11:44 AM Re: Luggage Storage at Madrid (Barajas) Airport
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Hi Dorothy,
Sorry it took me a few days to answer... getting luggage and going through customs can take really different amounts of time, depending on how efficient they are about getting the bags off the plane and how many flights have come in with passengers needing to go through customs. Getting to the domestic terminal does not take long at all, the Barajas airport is not gigantic and the terminals are connected, not in separate buildings like U.S. airports. Storing your luggage should take no more than 20 minutes, the building is like a 1 minute walk from international arrivals and unless there was some sort of huge line (which I have never seen) that will be quick. So... do you have time? I think it will depend on whether you arrive on time and how long the customs and baggage claim take.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments