Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#10002 - 10/25/00 04:28 PM Between terminals at Barajas Airport
natbloom Offline

We are arriving at Barajas Airport in mid-March and flying directly to Seville. Is the domestic air terminal within walking distance of the international terminal? If not, how do you get there? Are there luggage carts, free or otherwise?

Thanks. This site is helpful in planning our trip.

#10003 - 10/25/00 06:01 PM Re: Between terminals at Barajas Airport
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
You walk between the terminals, all on the inside. There's terminal 1, 2 and 3. There are luggage carts, though at some point you go up or down stairs and have to abandon them. It takes at least 15 minutes. The way to the terminals isn't indicated all that well. I just bug the Iberia peronnel (in part to get that icey little response, hahaha) and get re-directed every so often!

#10004 - 10/25/00 07:01 PM Re: Between terminals at Barajas Airport
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Well, I went to the airport today, using the subway, and the way to all the terminals was clearly indicated both in Spanish and English.

The subway station is near to the Terminal 2 (domestic flights and Iberia flight to the Schengen countries) and there is certainly quite a long way to the Terminal 1 (international flights).

Also, I think you only have to go upstairs / downstairs if you go from arrivals to departure rooms or viceversa (but I'm not completely sure about this).

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

#10005 - 10/25/00 07:16 PM Re: Between terminals at Barajas Airport
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
maybe they marked it better now that they've done all the '
reformas'....

#10006 - 10/25/00 07:51 PM Re: Between terminals at Barajas Airport
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
If you're not Spanish (and I'm guessing you're not), you'll first have to pass through customs/immigration and then possibly get your bags and re-check (yourself and your bags) into the counter for your Madrid-Sevilla domestic/national flight.

Is the brand new terminal for domestic or international flights? We boarded our flight in the international terminal, but then when we had the mechanical problems, they walked us down to the domestic/national terminal for lunch, to wait, and then we reboarded there.

From ticketing, you'll have to go through the security-check to/through the new, long terminal, they have several walking tracks (moving sidewalks/belts) to get you through faster.

Don't worry. I'm sure they'll make it all clear when you leave the plane.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#10007 - 10/26/00 06:12 AM Re: Between terminals at Barajas Airport
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
There is no charge for use of the luggage carts at Barajas airport and you will find them at the carousel where your luggage arrives. On one trip last year, I had to wait 45-minutes before the luggage from our flight began arriving. I missed a connecting flight.
If your flight to Sevilla departs from Terminal #2 or #3, there is a ramp to the upper level down toward terminal #2. Check the video screens for your departure gate.

For MadridMan:
I think the 'brand new' terminal is mainly for International flights. Our Continental Flight to Newark boarded there; there was an Aeroflot Moscow-bound flight at the next gate and US Airways to Philadelphia was also departing from that concourse.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments