Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43106 - 04/26/01 02:03 AM University of Salamanca
TasGemini Offline

Hi! I was looking at taking Spanish classes at University of Salamanca. I read teh post on Salamanca below and now would like to hear specifics at this uni.
My Spainish is still in its early stages so am hoping to hear your opinions on the uni and course itself, and whether it is good for a beginner like me.
I did look at the web site but is only in Spainish and so it took me a while to get through it all.
Thanks for you ideas, Tanya smile

#43107 - 04/26/01 11:09 AM Re: University of Salamanca
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Would you being going through a program? I had friends that really enjoyed the university classes- the professors were fairly gentle with them. I have heard complaints from some American students (not necessarily about the U of Salamanca though - just Spanish universities in general) that they thought they were ready for an upper level class in their field of study. What they didn't realize is that often Spaniards are much further along in their specializations at twenty or so than we are -plus they have often all been in their program together for some time, so it adds an extra adjustment to make. I don't know if you are from the U.S. (I didn't check your profile, oops) or what your educational system is like if you are not American.

I guess it depends on the types of classes you are thinking of taking. Are you thinking about some particular classes at this point?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2726 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments