Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#85021 - 08/01/09 07:37 PM Tech / Vocational Schools in Madrid?
CJA Offline

Loc: California
Good morning to you all in Spain! I was just wondering if anyone knew if there are tech or vocational schools(like for dental hygienist, x-ray techs, etc..)in Madrid like the ones here in the US.What I am asking is, are they separate or through a university, because in the US you can go through a community college,etc. Not sure if it is the same in Spain as here or not.

A bit tired so I hope that made sense wink

Thanks for any help!!

#85022 - 08/02/09 04:58 AM Re: Tech / Vocational Schools in Madrid? [Re: CJA]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
I was teaching in a school in Vallecas for a short while ( Vallecas is an area of Madrid ) , and after the school day finished , they offered vocational courses to teenagers wanting to study engineering . I´m guessing that´s an indication that vocational courses are available .
I stayed with a family in France for 3 weeks when I was 18 , and attended a college and my penpal´s municipal school . When you turn 16 you have a choice of an academic or vocational education . That was in 1984 .. but I remember being very impressed by that system .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1615 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments