Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44376 - 10/08/03 01:27 PM BASQUE Translation
cablesurfr Offline

Loc: Maine, USA
I am looking for translation in Basque to English for one sentence, if anyone could help out, Thanks in advance. The sentence is "The Time that Time Forgot". I know denbora, epe, arte, and alti all may have some root in Basque. Also hori seems to mean "that", "the" has several conjugations like du, har etc. None of this is set in stone just some things I have come across on the net. I think in Spanish it is something like El tiempo de que el tiempo se olivido???

Thanks
Dana

#44377 - 10/09/03 03:05 AM Re: BASQUE Translation
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, guy. I learnt few basque because it was forbidden when I was a kid.

I know that "denbora" means "time", and that "ahantzi" means "forget". Also, the suffix "-la" means "that", but I can only guess how to put this together, because it's quite an unusual phrase, and thanks to General Franco I don't know very well my own language.

I'll edit this later if I find out.

In case you need one, a link to a dictionary

#44378 - 10/10/03 05:05 PM Re: BASQUE Translation
El Cid d'España Offline

Mintzapraktikarako Esaldiak. = Phrases to Practice.
Ikusi nauzu eta joko zaitut. = You saw me and I will hit you. eek (A little inside joke I made for myself in order to help me remember. :p )
Bai. = Yes.
Ez. = No.
Eskerrik asko. = Thanks a lot.
Egun on. = Good day.
Arratsalde on. = Good Afternoon.
Gau on. = Good night.
Mesedez. = Please.
Txakur. = Dog.
Etxe. = House.
Neska. = Girl.
Tilga? = Key.
Zoritxarrez, euskera (or euskara...depending on the dialect) pixka bat baino es dakit. = Unfortuately, I only speak a little Basque.
Amaia, hau Gorka Zumalakarregi Aguirre da. = Amaia, this is Gorka Zumalakarregi Aguirre.
Pozten naiz = Pleased to meet you.

This is as much as I can remember from memory. I have some more phrases and words in Basque written down somewhere.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mencey, Mirthmantis
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2865 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments