Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42826 - 08/14/00 06:49 PM Where do Americans live in Spain?
francis Offline

Loc: UK
Hi,
Does anybody know where roughly the main US communities are in Spain??? I get the impression that students/academics are mainly found in a. Madrid b. Segovia c.Barcelona then smaller lots elsewhere..
Then there are communities of US Citizens living/working generally..they seem to be
a. in Barcelona b. Madrid c.around Malaga.

Anyone know if this is right and what rough numbers are???????????

------------------
francis

#42827 - 08/14/00 10:56 PM Re: Where do Americans live in Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While I don't have any exact numbers, only impressions, that the highest US-student populations in Spain are concentrated in Salamanca, Granada, Madrid, and Barcelona (probably in that order).

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42828 - 08/16/00 01:30 PM Re: Where do Americans live in Spain?
francis Offline

Muchas gracias Madridman!
Your response is really helpful even if just an impression...people overseas often have no idea. I am interested in Granada but havent seen much info. Do you have any info on hot sites or contacts highlighting the college/student scene there?

Al proximo rato,

Francis

#42829 - 08/22/00 03:47 PM Re: Where do Americans live in Spain?
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Francis, I don't have the numbers you are looking for, but I know I did once hear them spouted out by someone at the US Embassy in Madrid years ago. Have you tried contacting them? They would definitely know - they HAVE to know! I tried looking at their website, but the info isn't there. Maybe you could write to them.

#42830 - 08/26/00 04:36 PM Re: Where do Americans live in Spain?
francis Offline

Diana,
Thanks for your kind reply. Yes I'll write to them and let folks know the outcome. Know what you mean about the US Embassy web sites...There's a Madrid and a Barcelona one... they used to list social and commmercial organisations as I remember. I thought the CIA World site would be informative (as in everyones names and addresses!!)but that is even more general. The main problem is probably information about non residents,including students and tourists who come and go.

The Spanish Government has some really informative web sites but am still wading through these. Anybody else looked at these?

Adios, Francis

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1857 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments