Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45059 - 04/05/05 10:19 PM Student trip to Spain
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
My son's High School Spanish Teacher wants to plan a student trip to Spain for next year. He has looked into three different tour companies; EF, Passports, ACIS. Does anyone have any recommendations on a tour group? If anyone has taken a group of high school students to Spain, he would love to hear your advice,
Thanks, Lagun

#45060 - 04/06/05 01:08 PM Re: Student trip to Spain
Torero Offline

Loc: Iowa
I am taking a group of students to Spain this June. The company I am using is fantastic! It is called Language and Friendship and is based in Minneapolis. They offer customized tours, so the teacher can plan the exact itinerary. It is much more personal and flexible than the "canned" itineraries you find with other companies. For example, I chose what cities to visit and then each day in the city is planned by me, the teacher. Instead of paying for tour guides, I know Madrid very well, so I am leading us through the Prado, Palacio Real, and the other places will will visit. This saves us money as well, as each trip is priced individually based on the inclusions you choose. The emphasis is really on learning the language and culture, rather than just being a tourist. The kids are placed with a Spanish family for 5 days. (Ours is in Catalaya, near Huelva). This is a great experience for the kids, because they get to use their Spanish and see how a real Spanish family lives, as they become part of the family for a few days. The women who run the company are very helpful in the planning stages and really have become friends of mine! You can check out their website: Language and Friendship, Inc.

#45061 - 04/06/05 06:53 PM Re: Student trip to Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I recently returned from a trip to Spain through ACIS. I would recommend them highly! They are a reputable company and they bend over backwards to make things go well. The tour managers are amazing. I have travelled with other companies, and this is the best company in my opinion.

If you want more details, just let me know!
Esperanza

#45062 - 04/06/05 06:55 PM Re: Student trip to Spain
mecky Offline

Loc: US
Lagun
I have traveled under the guidance with an EF Tour director to Mexico and to Spain. Have also directed a tour to Germany/Switzerland/Austria and Italy under the EF Umbrella. I have made lifetime friends while traveling with these groups. Wish I could lead more tours, but now I prefer to travel by myself as my time is limited. Be glad to answer more questions on EF if needed. Just email me.

#45063 - 04/09/05 10:16 PM Re: Student trip to Spain
Lagun Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thanks for your information. I will pass it on to our Spanish Teacher.
Lagun

#45064 - 04/23/05 10:58 AM Re: Student trip to Spain
meencantaespana Offline

ISE is a good program

#45065 - 04/23/05 01:11 PM Re: Student trip to Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Torero writes:
Quote:
The kids are placed with a Spanish family for 5 days. (Ours is in Catalaya, near Huelva).
Then you may be close to Palos de la frontera from whence Columbus sailed on his first Voyage of Discovery. You'll find a large statue of Columbus there. Take the Damas SA bus from Huelva that goes por Pueblos to Mazagon (where the Parador de Cristobal Colon is located), and along the coast for your own Voyage of Discovery.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1636 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments