Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44865 - 11/29/04 04:28 PM Credits from Spain to America?
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Hello everyone! I have a question about credits,for example, If I went to spain to study any type of major or got a degree, would it still count in the U.S? I heard that it was much cheaper to study abroad and that you can use you'r degree almost anywhere. Is that true? If any of you has an answer, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks smile smile

#44866 - 11/30/04 06:42 AM Re: Credits from Spain to America?
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
Depends on what the degree is in, and where it is from. If you aquire spanish credits from a recognized school or some diploma mill. There are some very well recognized schools in Europe, and their credits will transfer to most colleges and universities in the US. In San Diego, California there is a prosecuting attorney who has never attended a US law school he graduated from law school in England. The California Bar regonized his education and allowed him to take the bar exam and he passed. Many American students who cannot get accepted to an American medical school will get into a med school in the Carribean, only to complete that schools program and return to the US and find out no state will accept their training. A good idea is to get the school's credentials and then check and see if it would be transferrable to a US school, or the education is anything a US employer would want. Some of the European schools a four year degree in science or engineering you would get the same training at a two year community college here. Others, there standards exceed some of our best. In the liberal arts, it will be about the same level of education,again depending on the school. Before you spend several year of your life and thousands of dollars check the school. It would be very disheartening to return with a four year degree be proud of your accomplishment only to find it of no value here in the US. You are right, at some colleges and universities you can get a top notch education for a bargain basement price, others you can spend a lot of money and walk away with nothing more you started with. Check it out and make sure of what you are getting for you money.

#44867 - 11/30/04 06:02 PM Re: Credits from Spain to America?
ninas Offline

Loc: Boston,Massachusetts U.S.A
Thanks for posting Phantom Man. I really do appreciate it because i plan to go into performing arts , maybe dancing flamenco or something but i still want my credits to count in the U.S in case i decide to live there. laugh

#44868 - 01/06/05 04:24 PM Re: Credits from Spain to America?
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
The best way to get your credits in Spain to count towards your US degree is to study abroad during your junior or senior year. Most US schools have "exchange" programs with schools in Spain. Most US schools will not take credit from a foreign school unless the course was already approved by a US school. When I studied abroad, there were a few fine art majors. If your school does not have an "exchange program", you can apply to another school's "exchange program", if that other school has an open enrollment. Otherwise, it would be risky to take a class in Spain and hope a US school would take the credits!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1885 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments