Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44446 - 12/09/03 01:15 PM Universidad de Granada Centro de Lenguas Modernas
Sacacorchos Offline

Hi
Does anyone have any information/experience with the Universidad de Granada ? I'm specifically interested in the Cursos de Lengua y Cultura Esp. and Estudios Hispanicos offered through the Centro de Lenguas Modernas.
Also, will it be difficult for me to find housing in Granada from February through May? Do you know how much I can expect to spend on rent per month in a shared flat (if I can find one)?
Thanks for any help!

#44447 - 12/09/03 09:10 PM Re: Universidad de Granada Centro de Lenguas Modernas
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi! I spent last spring semester studying in Granada, La Universidad de Granada.
http://www.ugr.es/
I LOVED it...I really can't say enough good things about that city, I fell in love.
I dont know much about the classes through centro though, because I was there on an exchange, so I took my classes with the spaniards, just normal ones in the University. If you have questions, please let me know!!! I'd love to tell someone all about granada, it is truly my favorite place in the enitre world.
Kelly laugh

#44448 - 12/11/03 10:11 AM Re: Universidad de Granada Centro de Lenguas Modernas
Sacacorchos Offline

Hey Kelly
I'd love to hear more about Granada. I'll admit that I didn't think anyone would really have any information specific to the centro de lenguas modernas program but any info about Granada would be great.
Actually, do you have any idea how much I can expect to spend on an apartment? This is a major concern of mine since I need to know if I can actually afford to live in Granada for 4 months. Do you think it will be difficult to find a piso to share? Any good neighborhoods?
Thanks!

#44449 - 12/11/03 04:35 PM Re: Universidad de Granada Centro de Lenguas Modernas
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi! I lived with a host family while I was there. If you have the chance, you should strongly consider that option. You learn a ton, and there is really no better way to get the full experience than immersing yourself 100% in the language and culture. That combined with taking my classes with spaniards, I really got to feel like a normal student living in Granada... most of my friends were Spanish, and living with the family just really helped me feel like I had a home base, and was incorporated 24-7 into it all.
I don't know Centro well, but I think those classs are with other extranjeros? If so, than I think you should consider a host family even more strongly. The truth is that the majority of the spaniards at the university also live with their families, or even host families, so it is really the norm. Not at all like in the usa. Just my opinion, others may disagree smile .

That said, if you do decide to live in an apartment... it may be hard to find one with spanish roommates for only a semester. If you lived alone- it may be near impossible. If you decide to live with other americans, it probably wouldnt be a problem. Another option would be a residencia, but once again...lots of foreign students. Check with Centro, I'd guess they can help you with finding a place to live.

More questions? Ask away!!!!

Kelly

#44450 - 01/05/04 09:46 PM Re: Universidad de Granada Centro de Lenguas Modernas
granada94 Offline

Loc: West Haven, CT
Hi! It's so exciting to hear that you will be studying at "el centro". I spent a year there and absolutely loved it. Granada is wonderful city and you will love it. I too lived with a family and have several friends there to the day. I visit 2-3 times a year so please feel free to ask if you need any help! Buena Suerte Debbie

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2730 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments