Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44285 - 09/13/03 04:16 PM Cost of tuition at Spanish Universities
Raulito Offline

Loc: Boston, MA EEUU
Hola!
I have a couple of questions about going to school in Spain. I'm new here (incidentally this board is great! smile ), so I tried to look in the archives to see if anyone has asked similar questions. I don't think anyone has. If they have then I'm sorry for being repetitive.

Does anyone know how much tuition is at public Spanish universities (la Complutense, la Autonoma, etc.) for Americans going for a 'traditional' masters degree (not at special international business school programs). I would apply directly, not through an American program, because I assume it is less expensive. I've also heard that only 5-10% of university spots are open to non-Spaniards and that of these open spots preference is given to EU citizens. Is this true? What's the application procedure like for humanities degrees? I'm interested in trying to apply for fall 2004.
Thanks for any help!

Jeremy laugh laugh

#44286 - 09/13/03 05:40 PM Re: Cost of tuition at Spanish Universities
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Iv got the same question as you, except I would be applying for admission for the Fall 2005 semester. Let me know how it goes for you! Thoughts anyone?
Kelly smile

#44287 - 09/13/03 06:11 PM Re: Cost of tuition at Spanish Universities
Jonsoniana Offline

I assume you are interested in public universities, which are the majority in Spanish higher education. I do not know the criteria you need to fulfil in order to enrol, but I assume that since you are American you could ask the Spanish embassy in Washington DC, i am sure they can provide you with the right info, in the end, it is one of their duties there. They may even have it on their website. Maybe check the websites of the universities you are interested in, they may have interesting info for youas well.

As for the prize of tuition, it is very cheap compared to American Universities. I do not remember exactly right now but the tuition for my first year of phd four years ago did not go over 600$ and in lower levels it may be a bit more expensive, but not too much. it gets more expensive if you take courses again, which most people have to do at one time or the other so they make good business wink And yes, it is cheap but not that you have many services or resources. Spanish universities are very different from American ones.
I hope this helps!
Elia

#44288 - 09/19/03 09:53 PM Re: Cost of tuition at Spanish Universities
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Im a junior right now, with a double major in spanish and speech science. I either want to go to grad school in Bilingual speech therapy (which would mean id have to stay in the usa i think), or get my graduate degree in spanish linguistics. If I did a degree in spanish linguistics, could i do that in spain?? Maybe thats a silly question, but the graduate program in spanish linguistics here at my american university is almost 75% students from spain. Anybody know more about this??
Kelly

#44289 - 09/20/03 12:45 PM Re: Cost of tuition at Spanish Universities
mikey Offline

Loc: ny
I would suggest you call the school directly. There may be fees for foreigners or they may raise the tuition and never make anyone aware. It's my experience with Spanish schools that if you're interested you should call the schools and pick the brains of at least 3 people and compare the information they give you. They tend to be not-so-great administratively. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2717 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments