Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43718 - 03/12/02 05:24 PM student visa requirements???
eli Offline

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
I want to move to Spain this fall, and I'm thinking that if I go over on a student visa, I can have plenty of time to get used to the country and find a job. I'm looking at going to EFTI, a photography school. Does anyone know how long the course needs to be, or how many hours a week I need to have class? Does that matter? Also, does the school need to be a university, or does any kind of recognised school count? Thanks.

#43719 - 03/13/02 03:33 AM Re: student visa requirements???
nevado Offline

Student visas can apply to non-universities. I don't know the specifics but surely they Spanish Consulate can answer those questions. Try checking their website, perhaps they offer some info. I would assume they would grant you a visa only for the duration of the course and you have to present enrollment documentation prior to obtaining a student visa.

#43720 - 03/13/02 12:22 PM Re: student visa requirements???
eli Offline

Thanks. I've looked at the Consulate website, and really it just tells you what you need to get a visa, it doesn't have requirements for the school. I guess I'll just have to email them for more info and an application.

#43721 - 06/01/02 04:26 PM Re: student visa requirements???
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
Speaking of the visa, does anyone know what my parents should write for the "notarized letter of financial responsibility", and if they need to just give copies of their bank statements, or "the original and two copies"? Also, what is the "Grupo Schengen"?
Thanks

#43722 - 06/01/02 06:16 PM Re: student visa requirements???
DCS Offline

Loc: Madrid
The letter from your parents must assure full financial responsibility for at least $350 each month of your stay in Spain. This of course is in addition to enrolement verification and proof of full tuition payment or financial aid that will cover tuition.

Schengen is a town in Luxembourg where an agreement was signed allowing free movement between member countries. Here is a link with information. http://parleunet.jrc.it/m0186.htm

Hope this helps

David smile

#43723 - 06/02/02 03:15 PM Re: student visa requirements???
eli Offline

When I sent my stuff (just this week!) I just had a letter saying that my dad would take financial responsibility for me while I'm there. We took it to the BMV and had it notarized. That's it. I hope that's enough.

Have you gotten your application yet? Mine (from Chicago) had some really good examples and tips on a seperate sheet of paper. But it also said that I'd need at least $500 coverage a month. The DC website said $350, though. Another thing, the application has little room for some things. The spaces are very small. I was really stressed out filling it out. Plus, I won't have a job when I leave, and there's this whole thing for employer, and the hint sheet says to write the University you go to here, but I've been out of college for a year. Kind of confusing and now I'm just praying that everything is ok. Good Luck!

#43724 - 06/02/02 11:10 PM Re: student visa requirements???
ilovemadrid Offline

Thanks David (I got your message, ¡gracias!) and Eli for your help. Yes, the spaces are quite small and the questions are confusing. I hope that I answer them well because we don't have a consulate here, I have to send everything to San Francisco, and if they reject it, I have to go in person rolleyes Unfortunately, mine didn't come with a sheet of examples. Good luck eli, maybe I'll see you in Spain smile

#43725 - 06/04/02 06:53 PM Re: student visa requirements???
eli Offline

I just got my visa in via FEDEX today! I'm really excited. Just to let you know, everything went fine. I got it back really fast, I think I just sent it out on Wednesday or Thursday to the Chicago Consulate. Good luck with yours! laugh

#43726 - 06/07/02 07:41 PM Re: student visa requirements???
ilovemadrid Offline

That's great, eli!! smile
Did you also have to send copies of your flight reservations? They asked that of one of my friends and I don't know why, because it doesn't say to send anything like that on the directions nor on the application, and she's done this once before and never had to send flight information. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it new?

#43727 - 06/08/02 04:53 PM Re: student visa requirements???
eli Offline

I didn't send anything about my flight reservations, and they didn't ask for it, either. I got my visa without sending that stuff.
But I think that the Consulates are not entirely consistent. I would call them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2726 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments