Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40525 - 03/24/01 04:43 PM Cost of Living - Madrid
adp Offline

Loc: Albuquerque
I am seriously considering moving to madrid and wonder what the avg. cost of living is in madrid. How much would an apartment cost per month? How much does food cost? How much taxes are taken out on average as a percentage of income? I realize that I probably will not make the same income in Madrid as I do in the US(computer consulting) but I am hoping that the salaries/cost of living in Madrid is somewhat commensurate with the same in the US. I figure it probably will be less but I would like to make at least a decent living there. Comments?

#40526 - 03/28/01 04:27 PM Re: Cost of Living - Madrid
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
If you work as an IT consultant chances are that you are going to be able to get a good salary. IT sector is living a good moment with labor shortage in several disciplines, b2b, CRM,...
Cost of living really depends in your life standards. If you will be sharing an apartment or not,....

#40527 - 04/19/01 12:54 PM Re: Cost of Living - Madrid
kerry Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
My friend lives in Madrid. She has a tiny one-bedroom apt. in Moncloa (near the university) and pays 75,000 ptas/month, nothing included. I think she was making approx. 250,000-300,000 per month, but I'm not sure. It's cheap for a capital city, but expensive by Spanish standards (my 3-bedroom furnished apt. in Burgos was 75,000 incl. heat and hot water.)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mah-g, Ricardo Mata
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2214 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments