Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40235 - 07/19/00 07:42 AM Working as a nurse in Spain
sandita99 Offline

Loc: Calif. US
I've been trying to find info about nursing jobs in Spain, but am having a hard time. Anyone with info about this??? I will be studing Spanish in BCN for 3 months, and I already have decent working spanish. I know that being fluent is a must. Any info is helpful. Thanks!

#40236 - 07/19/00 08:24 AM Re: Working as a nurse in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi sandita99! Welcome to the group! Your job search will be difficult so prepare yourself for this. Also, I invite you to read through the other postings in this forum, even those that, by their subject heading, don't appear to be relevant because they likely contain useful links and info that you'll need to aid your search. Best of luck to you!

Saludos, MadridMan

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 07-19-2000).]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40237 - 07/24/00 09:56 AM Re: Working as a nurse in Spain
Mr. International Offline

Loc: Denmark - Scandinavia
Hi Sandita99,

To get a work-permit in Spain is very difficult, since you a not a EU-european. Besides that, the unemployment rate is among the highest in Europe (The further north you go, the lower the rate).
I tried looking for work in Madrid i '98, and I was lucky, but that was more based on the fact that I'm skilled in IT.
I think you would have better luck if you were willing to teach english.

I'm not commenting your topic to make you sad, just that - that is the way things are in Spain.

Good luck.

#40238 - 01/28/01 07:25 PM Re: Working as a nurse in Spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hello All! Just found this site and thought it could potentially be useful for someone looking to become a nurse in Spain: NursingSpain.com . Good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40239 - 01/28/01 11:21 PM Re: Working as a nurse in Spain
elfroggy27 Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX, USA
Thank you so much for that link! As well as completing a research project about this subject, I am also very interested in working in Spain (who here isn't!) as a nurse after I graduate. This site is for a British home health company in Spain, and I have contacted them for more information. Sandita99, please email me or keep posting more about what you are learning.

#40240 - 01/30/01 12:53 AM Re: Working as a nurse in Spain
sandita99 Offline

Loc: Calif. US
Thanks for the replies to my topic. I have returned from a 3 month stay in Barcelona. I was there studying spanish. I did learn a lot about jobs there. Like the others mentioned, not being part of the EU makes job finding difficult. Also, if I had wanted to work in Cataluna, I would have to speak fluent Catalan. I think my best bet is find work with a private agency, or with a US company using my nursing skills abroad.

thanks again :-)

#40241 - 01/30/01 01:17 PM Re: Working as a nurse in Spain
steveaqui Offline

Loc: Inglaterra
To put the work situation into some kind of realistic perspective, the area in which I live has been actively recruting relatively large numbers of nurses from Spain and they are keen to locate here to find better paid employment etc. A plane load recently arrived.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments