Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#40391 - 01/16/01 12:23 PM Starting a Business in Spain?
jllawson Offline

Loc: Boise, ID US
I am interested in starting a business in Spain... has anyone on this site done so; or have good information regarding the venture??
I want to start a service business; not manufacturing....

[This message has been edited by jllawson (edited 01-18-2001).]

#40392 - 01/16/01 01:21 PM Re: Starting a Business in Spain?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi jlawson!! Welcome to the group! Take a look at the " Starting a business in Spain " thread in this "Working In Spain" forum for lots of input from "The Board Members". Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#40393 - 01/16/01 09:51 PM Re: Starting a Business in Spain?
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Jllawson,
Let me know if you get your business up and running and need employees -- I am trying to get a job in Madrid for this coming fall. But whether you can give me a job or not, I am curious to find out what kind of service business you will be starting.
Thanks!

#40394 - 01/17/01 06:48 AM Re: Starting a Business in Spain?
extranjeroeeuu Offline

Loc: Ortuella
Kaixo-

Listen, I have been living in Bilbao for the past couple of years and I am completely happy with my setup. I am currently involved with an information technology company from the States. We are trying to enter the market here but our efforts have been extremely difficult. I am currently working for option shares with the company. Well, due to the companies presence and acceptance in this country I have also looked at other alteratives such as working legally. Just to protect my intrests. Ok, the goverment told me that it is next to impossible for a non eu resident to secure a proper work visa without processing an official work contract in the U.S. Not only will you have to locate an offical contract (which is difficult - because they have to prove of your unique value) but you will also have to return to your local consulate in the States to process the paperwork. I have never heard of such an ass backward process. Excuse my language! Another thing is if we are able to secure a few clients and implement our information technologies in this market I will naturally have to be hired from our office locaiton in San Jose, California. I hate to sound so negative but I think that it is only fair to share my experience with all of you. Although, I feel that there are several advantages to opening or even operating a business service in this country. Everyone wants to expand their international pressence and offer their services at a global level. For example; simply the translation and forum support of major software companies would be a wonderful venture to startup here in Spain. Also, in the area of trade and commerce acting as an indepent trade representative would also be an attractive postion. Ok, I hope that I left on a positive note. I invite all of you to keep the brainstorming going and most of all I wish all of you the best of luck.

Agur-

extranjeroeeuu@hotmail.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1859 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments