Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#84085 - 03/23/09 03:04 PM Spanish Residency for British
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
Has anyone recently applied for Spanish residency ? I´ve been here 4 years and never needed to go through the hassle , but a new job demands that I get my papers .
I´m a British citizen but have no idea of the procedure .
If there´s nobody that has the info I guess I´ll just walk into the local police station .
Steve

Edited by MadridMan (03/26/09 04:20 AM)
Edit Reason: clarifying subject

#84087 - 03/24/09 08:36 PM Re: Spanish Residency . [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Have you taken a look at http://www.UKinSpain.com ?

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84095 - 03/25/09 06:10 PM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: MadridMan]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Thanks MM . I´m actually a little concerned now as it says that "by Royal decree " EU citizens who intend to reside in Spain for more than 3 months are required to apply for residency . I´ve been here 4 years ! And was under the impression that as a European I could travel freely and live without papers within the European Union . I still believe that ! So , do any Brit guys , living in Spain , have some imput on that ? Steve

Edited by MadridMan (03/26/09 04:20 AM)

#84096 - 03/26/09 04:22 AM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: steve robinson]
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
steve robinson, also be sure to contact all your British Facebook "Friends". I know some of them are married to Spaniards and others are students, but maybe one of them is here with Residency.

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#84098 - 03/26/09 06:59 AM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: steve robinson]
jazz Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Steve. There you have the information

www.mir.es ---Información sobre tramites---extranjeros---ciudadanos Unión Europea

#84099 - 03/26/09 09:22 AM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: jazz]
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

http://madrid.angloinfo.com/countries/spain/residency.asp

this tells all Steve, the place u have to go to is not far from where i work, the enarest metro is puerto de toledo - its about 10 minutes walk from there, its best if you make an appointment by phone before going, i did it last year.

OFICINA DE EXTRANJEROS DE MADRID (Régimen comunitario; Solicitudes de inscripción y renovación de estudiantes) Dirección:
Plaza del Campillo del Mundo Nuevo nº 3
28005 - Madrid
(Madrid)
Tel.: 902565701 CITA PREVIA
(Horario: De lunes a jueves de 9.00 a 17.00 y viernes de 9.00 a 14.00)

If you want me to show you where it is make your appt for between 2.10 and 3.50 pm Monday to Thursday and i can show you where it is.

http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/modelos_extranje/ex_16.pdf

you need to take this form, filled in and signed, and to get there half an hour before you appt to collect a different form Modelo 790 and go to the bank to make a payment before your appt. as you need both the application form and the stamped payment formto process the application, as well as your passport! i also had to provide a photocopy of my passport the page with my photo! There is a bank right nearby where you can make the payment but i cant remember how much it was - not much, i think it was less that 10 euros.

Edited by MadridMan (03/26/09 11:08 AM)
Edit Reason: combining several consecutive postings

#84108 - 03/27/09 04:36 AM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: sallyanne]
Daniel-Madrid Offline

Steve,

If you are in Spain for more than 3 months you need to register, not obtain citizenship.

Good luck with getting an appointment. I phoned up 3 weeks ago and the first available appointment was for august.

The rules have changed now, so where before you got the blue 'DNI' style ID card, now you get a ridiculous A4 certificate that you are obliged to carry with you at all times along with your passport.

HTH,
Daniel

#84113 - 03/27/09 05:39 PM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: Daniel-Madrid]
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Yes, call to get the appointment asap... I also had to wait over five months.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this will work for what you need to do, but I called this number to get the appointment: 902 56 57 01

Edited by madridmadridmadrid (03/27/09 05:41 PM)

#84115 - 03/28/09 04:19 AM Re: Spanish Residency for British [Re: madridmadridmadrid]
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Many thanks to all you guys for the info . A perfect indication of just how well the community on MM´s site helps and how the message board works !
Steve

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2060 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments