Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42413 - 04/03/06 05:46 PM teaching english in spain
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
i'm still living here in the u.s. what are my chances of getting a teaching job in spain by companies who are willing to pay for relocation lodging in spain? i know it sounds very demanding, but my former teaching job in japan offered me such benefits. hence, i wonder if there exists such an opportunity in spain. thanks!

#42414 - 04/04/06 04:37 AM Re: teaching english in spain
SRedw Offline

Impossible . . . This is not Japan and don't come here expecting things to be the sameand make a TON of money. It won't happen.

You must also think of your legal status here. 99.9% of the academies won't sponsor anyone outside of the EU, but the paradox is, they don't mind paying you under the table.

Since the last amnesty and many academies scared sh**less, many won't touch a person without working papers.

Just my thoughts and I'm being honest. I'm not going to say that the water is fine and come on over. Think about it and let's see what others have to say. Everyone's experiences are different.

Have a great day,

Shawn

#42415 - 04/04/06 11:17 AM Re: teaching english in spain
Agent Sands Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
hey thanks for the input shawn. i was going to apply for a teaching position w/c hires us citizens. however, the applicant is responsible for his travel and lodging expenses. the pay is ok yet the lodging expenses is a real killer after consulting friends. still, i'm keeping my hopes up that something really good will come along. cheers!

ps i don't mind getting paid under the table smile

#42416 - 04/05/06 05:51 AM Re: teaching english in spain
SRedw Offline

Lodging isn't that bad IF you have roomates. It can be pretty expensive living on your own.

Shawn

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3021 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments