Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42158 - 03/16/05 05:15 PM Teacher's exchange program (UK - Spain)
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Hi there,

It's been a while since the last time I entered this board. Unfortunately, I'm so busy that I hardly have time to check my e-mails. Hopefully some of you may still remember me cool

I have a proposal for a teacher of English who is currently living / working in the UK. There is a exchange program for teachers between the UK and Spain. A teacher from Spain would go to work in the UK whereas the British teacher would come to Spain to teach here.

My cousin is a teacher of English at the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas and he is willing to participate in that program.

If you are interested or if you know anyone interested, please, e-mail me as soon as possible telling where you live and which is your school.

By the way, the program lasts for 3-12 months.

Regards,

Antonio

#42159 - 03/16/05 06:05 PM Re: Teacher's exchange program (UK - Spain)
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
ANTONIO laugh !! Welcome back!

A couple of (stupid?) questions:

1. Does the teacher need to speak (fluent) Spanish?

2. Does the subject have to be Englsh? I know it's a language school, but I wondered if this went on in other schools? Because you said
Quote:
There is a exchange program for teachers between the UK and Spain
3. Is this programme an ongoing thing?

Anything else you can tell me?

Thanks Antonio.

Jo

#42160 - 03/16/05 07:39 PM Re: Teacher's exchange program (UK - Spain)
worriedaboutspain Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Jo-Anne,

Actually this is a common thing I'm learning, I'm here in the US, and my Spanish teacher went to Chile to teach English, while the English teacher come to the US to teach Spanish. It's an intresting program, I really like it, and I'm sure it's a unique experience for the teachers as well. Sra. Augya, the teacher from Chile, know's English well enough, she's not fluent in it, but she does teach it in Chile, so I guess she's really good. I'm sure being fluent in the language would help teaching kids.

as for if it would work in other areas as well, I'm sure it is possible, I've just never heard of it. But it's an awsome program if you're intrested...i highly recomend, from a student's perspective.

#42161 - 03/18/05 09:53 AM Re: Teacher's exchange program (UK - Spain)
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Perhaps this site might be helpful:

http://www.mec.es/educa/internacional/

It's the official web page of the spanish Ministry of Education. The information found here it's in Spanish; however it's really easy to move around it and you may also contact the Dept. of Edu. in your country as well. There's info about the different educational porgrams.

good luck!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1583 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments