Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41402 - 02/12/03 01:25 AM Looking to Network with Madrilenos
carole Offline

Loc: CA
I'd like to network with someone who lives in Madrid that can help me to promote a plein-air painting workshop that will be taught by American master painters during April and May,2003. I'll offer services and payment in return for assistance.

Or if anyone here can suggest newspapers, art schools or organizations in which I can contact to advertise this workshop, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Carole Gray-Weihman

#41403 - 02/12/03 08:43 AM Re: Looking to Network with Madrilenos
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi carole! Welcome to our message board. smile

I wonder if our resident artista Martín de Madrid might have some insight on this one. And I believe Barry is a journalist so maybe he knows about which newspapers? Let's wait and see.... smile

Good luck! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#41404 - 02/12/03 05:09 PM Re: Looking to Network with Madrilenos
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Absolutely! I am always interested in supporting painting in any form! By the way, I lost the lease on my beautiful studio in Lavapies (or rather my landlady did). The city wants to make it either into apartments or more classroom space for the colegio below. I had it for over two years, and it has been the best studio I have ever been in. I am now searching for something to replace it, but nothing could be so wonderful. The grandfather of my landlady had the orginal 100 year lease, and it has been occupied by artists now for over 70 years.

Your friend can email me at www.martin@1stclasspinups.com, or contact me by logging onto my Painting Forum on my website at www.1stclasspinups.com, entering a username and password and posting in any forum. Be aware there is NO accent on the "i" in martin for my email!

Many thanks to MM for inspiring me to set up my forums, and for all the information he gave me, AND for visiting (yes, I saw you visiting on the stats)! Madrid Man Rules! ¡Viva el Hombre de Madrid!

Martín de Madrid
President
1st Class Pinups
"The Classical Alternative in Pinup Art"
www.1stclasspinups.com

#41405 - 02/14/03 01:01 PM Re: Looking to Network with Madrilenos
carole Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks for replying. Barry has been a saint- offering what support he can. And I will be in touch with Martin de Madrid. If someone could check out my website and let me know if the price I'm charging for this Madrid workshop sounds reasonable. It's reasonable in the US.... but? These teachers are well known in the US, not in Spain. So, any feedback would be appreciated. My main interest is sharing this workshop with Madrilenos- not making money. The site is here: http://www.gray-weihman.com/spain.html
Click on "madrilenos"

Thanks again,
Carole

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2497 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments