Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42314 - 07/12/05 05:56 PM American Credit
IsavellaSophia Offline

Loc: usa
Im curious to know if anyone knows how this works in spain.
Does Spain recognize your credit from the US or do you start new?

#42315 - 07/12/05 07:00 PM Re: American Credit
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Credit in what sense? You mean if you'll be able to get a loan in Spain with the credit history you have in the USA? Hmmmm.. good question. My instincts say that you start anew in Spain.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42316 - 07/12/05 07:41 PM Re: American Credit
desert dweller Offline

Loc: Desert of Arizona
I cannot speak for a Spanish bank, but I have looked into this matter with a bank in Andorra. If you are not familiar with Andorra, it is about two hours drive north of Barcelona in the Pyrenees Mountains. The loan officer was familiar with our credit scoring system, and the three major credit reporting agencies. For a business loan, he said that he would accept a Dunn and Bradstreet report. He did however make it a point, that he would order the D&B report, that he would not accept one that I walked in off of the street with. He also made it clear that I would have to pay for the D&B report in advance. He did not elaborate on the personal loan for thing such as cars and houses.

Most of the Spanish banks have web cites that you can send E mails and ask for the information that you need. I think you will find them to be very accomodating. wink

#42317 - 07/12/05 09:20 PM Re: American Credit
IsavellaSophia Offline

Loc: usa
Oh great thank you very much for the info. Yeah exactly madrid man thats what I was wondering about. Sounds like they do look into your american credit scoring.
thank you thank you!

Great website madrid man thank you for allowing me to post here...very great place for resources.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
McTravel
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2456 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments