Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42304 - 07/06/05 07:37 PM Job ideas???? please help
guest765 Offline

What are my other options besides teaching english in Barcelona if I don't spanish and have no Visa??
I am going to Barcelona in September and I'm a bit nervous that i wont be able to find work.

any ideas... Keep in mind my spanish is very very por...

Construction?
Tourist guide?
Cleaning something?

thanks anyone who helps!

#42305 - 07/07/05 05:58 AM Re: Job ideas???? please help
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm sorry but I don't think my answer will help you much... Cleaning or in construction? Don't think so... Lots of inmigrants from South America, Bulgaria or Romania will do it for much less than you... I really think your only option is teaching english, although it won't be easy if you speak no english. Sorry to discourage you. Maybe someone else can think of something.

#42306 - 07/07/05 06:38 AM Re: Job ideas???? please help
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
What's your nationality? Are you a member of the European Union? If so, it'll be easier. Otherwise, assuming you're not Spanish, you'll be working illegally and that will GREATLY hinder your ability of getting ANY kind of work. Not speaking Spanish makes it MORE diffifult. And whatever you might get won't pay much at all - definitely not enough to support yourself.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42307 - 07/07/05 09:25 AM Re: Job ideas???? please help
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Here are a couple of suggestions that may help:

1) The construction trade. It's not all major development using cheap Eastern`European or South American workers. There's a lot of UK owned properties where work is being carried out (normally along the coast). Often the owners may not know (or may not wish to employ) the cheap labour, preferring instead English-speaking people. Of course if you have carpentry or building or plumbing skills you will have a head start. You will however have to ask around a lot to find where the demand is. I'm given to understand that the Costa Blanca (quite a distance away I'm afraid) has a lot of work in the building/gardening field.

2) Irish pubs (and English bars). Again, you may have to keep knocking on people's doors until a vacancy turns up. Worth checking out the English-language publications here too.

Good luck. Please update us here on your experiences.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3040 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments