Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42283 - 06/08/05 02:05 PM US Citizen in Spain: How to stay? Please help
dstuver Offline

I am currently in Spain. I am a U.S. citizen and have a BS degree in Spanish. I have completed the British Lanuage Institute course here in Madrid. I love the country and am trying to figure out how to stay here. Does anyone have any ideas? It is my understanding that I can only be here 3 months out of the past 6 and finding work for an American is very difficult.

#42284 - 06/08/05 02:33 PM Re: US Citizen in Spain: How to stay? Please help
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
dstuver, you'll find A LOT of discussion on this topic. Just expand this forum category to SHOW ALL TOPICS, scan the subject titles, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of references.

But in short, it's darn-near-impossible for a United Statesen to find legal work in Spain and STAY IN SPAIN after you're already there. Even if you were to find a legal job you'd have to return to the USA for some specified period of time until you received your work visa and re-enter Spain with that visa in your passport.

Good luck to you. I feel your pain, brother.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#42285 - 06/08/05 02:43 PM Re: US Citizen in Spain: How to stay? Please help
dstuver Offline

I see that if you are willing to deposit $100,000 in a Spanish bank that will qualify you for a VISA. Is that correct? Are there any other catches if this is the approach used?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1897 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments