Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42237 - 05/19/05 03:46 PM Quality of Spanish Med
ceb Offline

Loc: USA
Hi All! How would you rate the quality of medical services (docs, hospitals, etc.)in Spain? Is it comparable, or better than what you find in the U.S.?

#42238 - 05/19/05 04:25 PM Re: Quality of Spanish Med
lngarrison Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
The lovely Spaniards have a wonderful health care system where everyone has access to medical care regardless if they can afford it or not. But I am sure you are aware of that.

The Spaniards have incredible doctors, some of the best in the world. In my experience, The only two areas that they are still developing or accepting the science of are 1) Dentists (see the thread on trying to find a dentist in Spain) 2) Almost anything holistic or preventative medicine such as Chiropractors, massage, acupuncturists, etc... (see the thread on the Chiropractor that found a job in Spain).

The Spanish doctors are a bit mechanical and cold when it comes to diagnois as well. For example, don't expect your gynocologist to be very cute and cuddlely.

I hope this helps!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2021 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments