Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41602 - 09/30/03 05:18 PM Dual Nationality- how can I work in Spain
angelab_nyc Offline

Loc: New York City
I am an American, but because my mother is still an Irish citizen, I can apply for my Irish passport as well. Ireland is part of the EU, so I should be able to work-any comments from Spaniards, in terms of other EU nationals obtaining work? Is the fact I am a US resident going to make it harder/ How do I start the process
angela

#41603 - 10/01/03 07:51 AM Re: Dual Nationality- how can I work in Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Angelab writes:
Quote:
... I can apply for my Irish passport ... Ireland is part of the EU, so I should be able to work-any comments ... How do I start the process
Go to Ireland House - I think it's on Park Ave. You will need your mother's birth certificate, a record of your parents marriage and a complete birth record for yourself (including parents' names, place of birth and nationality). You may have to become a Spain resident before being covered under Spain's social (and medical insurance) programs; but you shouldn't need a 'work permit.'
P.S.
It took me almost a year from the date I applied for my Irish Republic Passport until I received it.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2594 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments