Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41594 - 09/11/03 10:36 AM spaniard working in the usa?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Hi everybody! When i studied in granada last semester, i took flamenco dance classes, and loved it! The instructor (a spaniard) I studied with would like to come to the usa to learn a little enlgish, and give dance lessons here at the university i attend. She has found a place to give lessons, the YMCA, but now is unsure of VISA requirements, etc. She would teach one, one month session. It is the kind of situation where the ymca will receive half of what she makes, in change for her using the facilities, so im not exactly sure if she will "technically" be employed. Anybody have info on work visas, this kind of thing?
Kelly smile

#41595 - 09/12/03 09:34 AM Re: spaniard working in the usa?
Espe3 Offline

Unless the YMCA is actually sponsoring her, its going to be difficult. Have her check with the AM embassy in Madrid- as the Y in the US may not inquire on her behalf (it they're not really hiring her so to speak) However if she's staying only a month- she shouldn't need a visa- the complication may arise since she'll be making money. The best think will be to ask the Embassy. They'll be able to tell her also what she should need from the Y.

And tell her to get ready- as the US Embassy is very careful with processing these things and I've heard they take some time.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2087 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments