Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#41495 - 05/01/03 07:00 PM American girl needs visa, and or job...
Amanda Panda Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
Hello All,
I am in desperate need for advice on visas.
I am working in Poblet this summer teaching English for the months of June, and July, possibly August.I am being paid under the table so I don't have a visa. However, I am hoping to find another job in Madrid or elsewhere in Spain and would ideally like to stay over for at least a year. I do not want to stay in Spain illegally though. Is it possible to stay 90 days, and go to France for a few days when my tourist visa is up to reinstate it?
If any one has any advice I would love to hear it
on either finding a job after my first job is finished or on how to get a visa
I hope all is well
Peace
Amanda

#41496 - 05/01/03 11:55 PM Re: American girl needs visa, and or job...
Melinda328 Offline

Loc: Madrid
You're only allowed in the European Union for 90 days out of every 180 day period. You'd have to leave Spain, stay in a non EU country (like Andorra or the CR) for another 90 days, then return for 90 days and so on.

But you most likely won't have any problems. I have a job in lloret de mar starting in June and they're planning on keeping me as long as I feel like staying. I'm really not afraid of them deporting me and once I'm there I'll probably sign up for some Catalan classes in the fall, go home for a month or two and then come back on a student visa.

Melinda

#41497 - 05/02/03 05:30 AM Re: American girl needs visa, and or job...
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Read over the existing thread " where, what would be the best, cheapest way to get my passport stamped? " in the "General Spain Chatter" forum. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1763 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments